Koa Pili Koko Deluxe Concert Ukulele

JMisquez

Reaction score
Hello,

I had to return the cordoba 25ck I purchased because it arrived with a Crack in the back. So I decided to Go with the the Koa Pili Koko because it is also made of acacia. Anyone have any experience with this brand or this particular model?

Thanks

I've been pretty pleased with my KPK longneck soprano.

I purchased a concert a few weeks ago for a gift. I only had it for a few days but found it an easy player as well as beautiful with a very clean build.

Nice sustain and pleasing sound. That's a bit vague but best I can do. I would definitely buy one for myself and hope to do so in the not-too-distant future.

Jeff

My first "real" ukulele purchase was a KPK deluxe tenor and it was instant love. The sound is amazing and has only improved over time, or so it seems to my ear, and the instrument looks beautiful. I would love to have the exact same instrument in the concert scale. I bet you will be very happy with your purchase. The acacia on my tenor is quite lovely and seems to dance and glow in the light. Very nicely built. The neck is a bit thinner than some, so make sure you don't grab with too much thumb pressure trying to compensate. That's what I did and my thumb/hand would feel strained after a bit. Once I relaxed my grip, all was fine. It plays like a dream - nice low action and you can move all over the fretboard without any trouble. Mine has Worth clears on it. Low G.

I have the Deluxe Concert and it's great. Makes my Luna concert sound like a toy.

Thank you for the comments. After hearing about some issues with cracking I was getting a little worried. I feel a little more relaxed now. Can't wait for the uke to show up!

I have the standard KPK acacia concert with a cutaway. I am always amazed at it's loud, resonant, ringing woody bark, sounding like a uke that cost several hundred dollars more. Mine is an older model with an ebony nut and saddle which I will never change. It has Aquila strings on it. I am disappointed with my long neck pineapple. I think I expected too much from it based on my experience with my concert. By comparison, the pineapple is rather quiet. Not a great deal of projection, but it is gorgeous as I requested and got a fancy figured one. It has a bone nut and saddle. The Worth strings that came on it didn't help, and neither has the Aquilas I put on it. Trying to decide what to do next with it.

Can anyone recommend a hard case for the koa pili koko? Around $50 would be great but I am willing to pay more for the right case. Thanks

I have a pair of KPK ukes, both acacia - one tenor and one pineapple and I absolute love them. The tenor lives in the same case Ukejenny recommended and I think it's a great value for the price.

bobinde

I have the standard KPK acacia concert with a cutaway. I am always amazed at it's loud, resonant, ringing woody bark, sounding like a uke that cost several hundred dollars more. Mine is an older model with an ebony nut and saddle which I will never change. It has Aquila strings on it. I am disappointed with my long neck pineapple. I think I expected too much from it based on my experience with my concert. By comparison, the pineapple is rather quiet. Not a great deal of projection, but it is gorgeous as I requested and got a fancy figured one. It has a bone nut and saddle. The Worth strings that came on it didn't help, and neither has the Aquilas I put on it. Trying to decide what to do next with it.

May I suggest trying Martin strings on it? There's only been 2 ukes that I've owned that the Martin's didn't sound good on them.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! I really appreciate it. I ended up going with a Stagg Tweed Concert Ukulele Case. I will post some pics on the KPK and the case when they arrive.

Top Bottom