PDA

View Full Version : WTB Cheapo but properly set up and playable soprano for rugged environments

UkuLincoln
05-07-2015, 12:07 PM
Hi All!

Did you buy an inexpensive ukulele a while ago, and now you don't use it because you have nicer ones? I have one fairly nice one that is solid spruce, and want to get a soprano for taking with me when I don't want to bring my nicer concert. Places like the beach or to a party where other people may want to play it, etc.

Looks aren't important, but properly set up and play-ability is important to me. So I don't mind if it's got some scratches and wear. No cracks though, please.

Thanks!

Lincoln

Tommy B
05-07-2015, 01:43 PM
I've got an Outdoor soprano in new condition that I'd sell cheap. (Depending upon your definition of cheap.) These are made of polycarbonate and are designed for rugged environments. PM me if you're interested, or just curious. I'm in the S.F. area if by chance you're anywhere around and want to check it out.

UkuLincoln
05-07-2015, 05:41 PM
I've got an Outdoor soprano in new condition that I'd sell cheap. (Depending upon your definition of cheap.) These are made of polycarbonate and are designed for rugged environments. PM me if you're interested, or just curious. I'm in the S.F. area if by chance you're anywhere around and want to check it out.

Thanks Tommy, but I prefer the sound of wood (including laminate) to plastic. When I say I am looking for a ukulele to use in somewhat rugged environments, I mostly mean one that I won't be stressed about protecting like my nice one. I am still not going to get this one wet or take it out in the snow (I live in LA anyway).

Lincoln

Pukulele Pete
05-08-2015, 12:16 AM
Do Yourself a favor and spend a few more bucks and get a Martin OXK .
If You can't do that a Rogue soprano is a good inexpensive uke.

Tommy B
05-08-2015, 04:24 AM
When I say I am looking for a ukulele to use in somewhat rugged environments, I mostly mean one that I won't be stressed about protecting like my nice one. I am still not going to get this one wet or take it out in the snow (I live in LA anyway).

Lincoln

While not exactly cheapo, a used Flea or Fluke is great for this purpose. Good luck.

UkuLincoln
05-08-2015, 07:11 AM
Ended up buying an affordable one from Mim.