A sell/trade wood, tools, etc thread?

Pegasus Guitars

Reaction score
One thing missing from the web, may be there but I can't find one, is a place for builders to sell/trade luthier items. Seems like a thread could be easily done, with a no "responsibility disclaimer" by the UU. There would be nothing to lose by asking for voluntary contributions from sales, since nothing from nothing is still nothing. Maybe it would raise some extra UU revenue. Limited to lutherie items, it would take a bit of thought to set up, but could be amended during the learning process. Yes I admittedly do have my own axe to grind here, because I sell some wood and building parts. However, I'm just as interested in seeing what others might have as I am in selling stuff. Just a thought.-Bob

Wood and tools go up for sale in the marketplace. I see it all the time along with recording devices microphones and even a portable soundproof booth once.

Wood and tools go up for sale in the marketplace. I see it all the time along with recording devices microphones and even a portable soundproof booth once.

I have seen a few things, besides instruments, in the Market Place, but not too many. It just seems like a separate thread would be better. Best keep the instrument for sale/trade by themselves. As a builder, I really don't look at the Market Place much. However, I would look at a dedicated builder's items for sale thread.

I agree with Bob.

Anyone need a bunch of nice gold/jadeite Grover 14:1s? E-mail below. Bunch of wood as well. If a thread gets started maybe I can figure the wood offering out as well.

Maybe just put it in the Luthier's Lounge?

Last edited:
So, a number of views and few responses means 1 of a few things. 1. Bad idea. Not my first or last one. 2. Nobody cares 3. There are not many active builders who view this site and would benefit from a tool/supplies thread 4. It's just too much extra work for the road crew. 5. Walmart, who's ad appears at the top of this page, or AliExpress who's half naked ladies appear in an ad at the bottom of this page are getting into lutherie supplies in your hometown!--Oh well-- Might try something like this on my own site if I can figure out a way to keep it low key and avoid getting myself into trouble. Or, if someone else wants to try it on their site, I'd be happy to kick the idea around. Enjoy yer' building!-Bob

Top Bottom