Uke Cabinet Finished!

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I finally got the cabinet finished and in operation! This remodel and move has taken a lot longer than I originally thought. I'm still having work done to the house, and still have gobs of boxes full of stuff to sort out. But we finally got organized enough to justify getting the Ukes out and into their new home.

Uke Cabinet 1.jpgUke Cabinet 2.jpg

That's a Pyrex dish full of water beads on the floor of the cabinet. I have a couple of calibrated digital hygrometers inside the cabinet. This morning they are reading 47%, and are down about 4% from yesterday. I'll keep an eye on them, and add another dish of water beads if necessary.

Absolutely fabulous looking. I love how the ukes are displayed front and center in a very promient place. It looks great, you must be very proud. Comgratulations.

I forgot to mention: The cabinet is in a wall niche that was probably intended for a formal dining room breakfront or hutch. I've converted the dining area into a music room, so the Uke cabinet is right at home there.

Uke Cabinet 3.jpg

Very nice. I want one.

I love the display case! Very chic museum. I think you have started a new trend in interior design. Thank you for sharing with us.

That is wonderful! I also like the glider rocker without arms. Wondering if I can get the arms off my glider rocker...

You have a very caring and understanding wife! Looks good.

Excellent job. I have two trays of water on the bottom shelf of my cabinet with covers that I slide to expose more or less water to control the humidity, or remove one or both covers completely. Stays between 45-55% consistently.

IMG_1059.jpg

Last edited:
You are my hero. And your significant other is awesome.

aaaawwwweeeeessssooooommmmeeee! Wow, That is fantastic!

The new "gold standard" in uke storage

I don't know if you are younger than me or not, but all I can say is, "I want to be like you when I grow up." :)

That is so cool!

Hey, George, that ukulele cabinet is really great. You're a very lucky Uker. Your music room looks nice and cozy too. :eek:ld:

Wow, snazzy! It's a uker's dream.

Top Bottom