Kamaka Tour Pictures...

Thanks Stan ... nice pictures ... did you make any purchase? :eek:

Always a treat to see the workshops. Mahalo for the pics Stan.

Cool pictures! Thanks.

The only problem is that I wanted to imagine some guy high up on a mountain (volcano ?) somewhere in Hawaii carving out my Ohta-San from a hunk of Koa with a wood carving knife. Now, I have a mental picture that my Ohta-San went by on a conveyor belt while a bunch of people in a long line each did something to it until it reached the end of the line and was ready to ship. :)

Just kidding. I am sure the reality (except the mountain...) lies somewhere between these two extremes.

Tony

Nice pics! Thanks Stan.

Kamaka has a quite a bit of modern machinery and tooling, including a nice CNC!

Cool pictures! Thanks.

The only problem is that I wanted to imagine some guy high up on a mountain (volcano ?) somewhere in Hawaii carving out my Ohta-San from a hunk of Koa with a wood carving knife. Now, I have a mental picture that my Ohta-San went by on a conveyor belt while a bunch of people in a long line each did something to it until it reached the end of the line and was ready to ship. :)

Just kidding. I am sure the reality (except the mountain...) lies somewhere between these two extremes.

Tony
Aloha Tony,
The reality is that you're getting a high quality ukulele made by a company that had been in business for 99 years.

Coolio Stan! Thanks for the virtual tour. I hope I can get a 100th anniversary Kamaka. I think it's most interesting that the world's eldest ukulele maker has so many technical looking machines.
My dream is to visit Hawaii and come home with a beautiful uke, maybe a Kamaka!
I could do worse, right?

Coolio Stan! Thanks for the virtual tour. I hope I can get a 100th anniversary Kamaka. I think it's most interesting that the world's eldest ukulele maker has so many technical looking machines.
My dream is to visit Hawaii and come home with a beautiful uke, maybe a Kamaka!
I could do worse, right?

Aloha Nickie,
Yes I wish you to could come here too for your big event....it would be awesome.. you do deserve it for all the kind and good things you do on the job and off.. :)

Top Bottom