Low G tenor

mmanalo

Reaction score
I got some Aquillas Low G tenor strings and decided to slap on the low g string. My question is how do I tune da G string?? Won't it snap if I tune it to the Same G as a normal G string!

Don't tune it to the same G!!!:eek: If you have an electric tuner, use it to tune the string a step lower than it would normally be. The string should be lower than your C string.

By the way, did you ever get a Uke from our mutual friend?

I got some Aquillas Low G tenor strings and decided to slap on the low g string. My question is how do I tune da G string?? Won't it snap if I tune it to the Same G as a normal G string

you do not tune it to the high g you tune t to the low g.
my advice is get a tuner and just tune the string until it says G

If you dont have a tuner but know how to tune the C string... The 5th fret on the low G string is the same note as the C string...

Good luck

I got some Aquillas Low G tenor strings and decided to slap on the low g string. My question is how do I tune da G string?? Won't it snap if I tune it to the Same G as a normal G string

you do not tune it to the high g you tune t to the low g.
my advice is get a tuner and just tune the string until it says G

I tune all my ukes that way. I tune until it says G and lights up green. I own both low G and High G strung tenors.

Good Advice matchubouye.

Don't tune it to the same G!!!:eek: If you have an electric tuner, use it to tune the string a step lower than it would normally be. The string should be lower than your C string.

By the way, did you ever get a Uke from our mutual friend?

Nah, after my music shops journey...I decided on getting the kala ka-asmte-c off of ebay which came with a hardshell padded case and free shipping! Now all I need is an amp! Howz your uke? enjoying it?

If you dont have a tuner but know how to tune the C string... The 5th fret on the low G string is the same note as the C string...

Good luck

Thanks Generem....I think it's easier doing it the way you explained! I'll make sure I take note of this when I slap on my Low G string!

Top Bottom