FS: Pono MTDX-8 Solid Mahogany Deluxe 8-String Tenor, Ko'olau Case, Oasis Humidifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

erios999

Reaction score
SOLD to Kanaka916! Thank you bruddah!

Well folks, I'd like to sell my Pono MTDX-8 that I bought at the Ko'olau shop in Wahiawa, HI back in 2012. It's not a "factory second" though. I barely play it and I'm really interested in the new mango Ponos and I hope to pick up a Kamaka HF-36. This uke is in nearly new condition. It has a brand new set of Ko'olau Gold strings that are still settling in. I can put up a sound sample if anyone needs. Being an 8 the sound is incredibly rich.

So I think with the Ko'olau hard case and Oasis humidifier $449 or best offer. Buyer pays shipping from Phoenix, AZ, 85022. You're welcome to just buy the uke if you like. We can talk about the price then.

Thank you!

Rick

EDIT: I found a ding. I should have taken my time posting. You'll find a closeup pic in a post below. I left my asking my price be. Just adjust your offer accordingly should you be interested.

EDIT - Sound Sample: www.rickrios.com/cl/Pono_MTDX-8_Sample.mp3 That's just my personal site. It used to be my resume site. I'm a web developer. I'm no professional when it comes to recording. Hopefully this sample does the uke some justice.

uke_01.jpguke_02.jpguke_03.jpguke_04.jpguke_05.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, what a beauty!

Yes absolutely beautiful, I'm sure that it is fast in the straight and hugs the curves like no ones business.

Thanks guys! You are all too kind! Especially when I make a blatant screw up like I did.

There's a ding right on the front. I shouldn't have posted in such a rush. I should have seen that. Here's a pic and I'll edit the original post accordingly.
uke_06.jpg

that looks and sounds sweet! good luck on the sale

That barely qualifies as a ding. That may be the deepest sounding 8 string tenor I've ever heard. Sounds as good as it looks...no surprise.

Sent you a PM . . .

wish I was in the market, I'd drove over there is rush hour traffic and pick it up! :shaka:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom