For Sale - 2010 SCGC Concert Ukulele (1929 sunburst)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigarfan

Reaction score
SOLD - 2010 SCGC Concert Ukulele (1929 sunburst)

SOLD

It took me quite a while to find this uke so believe me when I say it pains me to sell it. GAS/UAS/MAS ... you name the disease ... I have it bad.

Santa Cruz Guitar Company was making reserve paired sets of guitar/ukulele when the 1929 model was released. I believe this uke may have come from one such set but I can't be certain. I does sport the 1929 sunburst finish which, to my knowledge, was not used on their regular ukuleles. Regardless, these are no longer made and increasingly difficult to find. The serial number is 141. A sweet young lady at SCGC informed me it was built in 2010.

The uke is in grand shape with just one ding on the binding in the front on the lower bout - treble side (highlighted in the pics) and a few light finish swirls from being played and loved. The neck angle and action are perfect and it plays beautifully up and down the neck. Sweet tone! Comes with a "Max" gig bag which is in perfect shape and quite nice too. This is a real gem!

Many have voiced concern about my screen name. They don't want an instrument reaking of smoke. I assure you, my instruments are maintained at proper humidity/temperature levels in a smoke free home. I go elsewhere to feed my cigar habit.

I am asking $SOLD plus shipping and fees (where applicable). Will entertain reasonable offers. Will ship CONUS only. No trades please.

And there are pics ...

scgc-concert-01.jpg

scgc-concert-02.jpg

scgc-concert-03.jpg

scgc-concert-04.jpg

Last edited:
An extremely handsome, classic looking, mahogany concert. I agree, it is indeed a "real gem."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom