NUD - Lanikai O-8 from Mim!

bbycrts

Reaction score
I don't have pics - I'm at work and the baby (my new Lanikai O-8) is at home. It is wonderful, and the setup from Mim is, too!

But the main message I have - SHE HAS TWO LEFT ON HER EBAY SITE!

The Lanikai is an awesome 8-string, solid spruce top, ovangkol laminate top and sides uke. I am in love with it.

It is also a discontinued model - Mim still has the last two I'm aware of and they are a tremendous value.

Disclaimer - Mim is a very good friend of mine, but she has no idea I'm posting this. I post it because the O-8 is a terrific uke at a very good price and these are probably among the last available anywhere. Mim does great setups and will take good care of her customers. But mostly - I'm just so thrilled with this uke!

MIMs is awesome. Glad you got the one with the solid spruce top. Enjoy.

Glad you are loving your Lanikai 8 string! I got mine from Mim, too, and it's wonderful! Mine has the mahogany top and the electronics, but it's essentially the same critter as yours.

I don't know if anyone else has done this, but I find that tuning this uke is easier if I use a (gasp!) guitar pick. I don't use it while playing, I only use it while tuning. It is a tool I employ to help me isolate and pluck individual strings during the tuning process. It works for me....

I don't know if anyone else has done this, but I find that tuning this uke is easier if I use a (gasp!) guitar pick. I don't use it while playing, I only use it while tuning. It is a tool I employ to help me isolate and pluck individual strings during the tuning process. It works for me....

I keep my right thumbnail long for picking, so I use that, and it is very easy to pluck individual strings that way. It would be tougher without, I imagine.

Top Bottom