Spam on your Uke Club Site

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I noticed last year sometime that people from all over the country started posting commercial links to albums, instructional CD's, etc. on my local uke club website. There is sometimes a link to their Facebook page. The number isn't "huge".....yet. Do most club sites require you join the club inline before you can post? Anyone else observe this? What do you think about it?

Your site, your rules. I only use Facebook for this purpose, but it's a "secret group" (their term). Works well.

Yeah, ours gets the fair amount of those but we just keep a Facebook group - well-meaning, low-budget commercial/educational sites or regional uke festivals, etc. Doesn't bother me personally as the volume is fairly low. No worse than the rest of the garbage in my FB feed.

Our club gets some advertising posts on their Facebook page. Not so much to be a real bother yet
Cliff

On my own blogs and local club site, I use Wordpress, and Askimet to filter spam, plus I set all comments to require moderation. That way I can control what gets posted by others.

Top Bottom