Kala Ubass Action?

BigMamaJ40

Reaction score
Hi!

I just got a Kala Ubass this weekend. Yay!

What is the recommended action for each string, for example, at the nut and at the 12th fret?

I have a U-bass and the action as set up has always been fine. I've never even thought about adjusting. Do you have reason to believe your action is too high? The strings are odd and will likely take some getting used to. Good luck!

Thanks for the talk bass link, kohanmike!

Do I think the action is too high? The G and D string feel a bit high, but I'm not sure if it is the action or just my need to get used to the funky strings. The sound is cool, but finger placement can be a bit unforgiving, especially with no windings on the strings for "grip".

I don't have a Kala, I have the Gold Tone MicroBass. I didn't change the action either, seems to be just fine, especially after I changed the Aquila Thundergut to Road Toad Pahoehoe.

I, too, have the solid body UBass. The action on mine is very high also! I've played bass longer than I'd like to admit. There are some "Runs" I can hear fitting on the UBass, but I can't play them do to the action!

I plan on trying to shim the neck and will let you know what happens. Please let us know if anyone else has luck adjusting the action!

i had good success with shimming the neck on mine. Intonation is the hard one to fix of course. And action should always be adjusted with intonation in mind first.

Top Bottom