How many ukes did you play today?

I've been home about an hour, and so far I've played four - including a wonderful Mainland mango tenor that doesn't get out of its case nearly enough. I'd forgotten how much I like it.

Just got home from work and catching up on things before I get to settle down to playing my Luna concert and my Rogue baritone. I dedicate at least one hour every evening to playing them. Tomorrow I get my new Kala KA-TG from HMS and might just have to leave work early to get the time to play it. As a matter of fact I feel a fever and cough coming on ........:rolleyes:

It's finals week and I'm hiding from my essays under a pile of ukuleles...

7 including a 20s Harmony and a Kala Watermelon.

Just got home from work and catching up on things before I get to settle down to playing my Luna concert and my Rogue baritone. I dedicate at least one hour every evening to playing them. Tomorrow I get my new Kala KA-TG from HMS and might just have to leave work early to get the time to play it. As a matter of fact I feel a fever and cough coming on ........:rolleyes:

Bet a sore throat appears.....and then disappears with the Fed ex man!

I own two ukuleles and I played one today because that one is in high G tuning and that is what I was working with today. I am exploring campanella style of laying out melodies using high G. The other ukulele is low G, and I play that when doing chord melody. I don't know what I would do with 6, 8, or 10 ukuleles, let along 3, which is why I only have two. :)

Tony

I played two Pono's a Gretsch and a Lanikai. The only reason I played my Lanikai is because I was cleaning out a closet and found it laying there gathering dust bunnies. It's not in good shape but served me well as a newb.

Before I read your post, 1/6 of my collection. You motivated me to dust off everything and play them! So, now that I played all 6, the 1930's vintage Martin style 0 was the only one that didn't need at least a tweak in tuning! To be fair most of the others either have new strings, or haven't been touched in weeks.

I always play my baritone for several hours almost every day. Today, instead I tried to find songs to play that I would prefer to hear on my soprano. I found a few like Ingrid Michaelson's "The Way I Am". Then I spent a little time with my tenor, plugged in and singing into a mic, practicing for an open mic, but after a bit, I plugged in my baritone and spent an hour or so comparing how the songs I was just trying on the tenor sounded on the Bari (of course, I liked the Bari sound better)... So, 3 played today, 3 neglected.

Definitely two, may squeeze in the third, too. ;-)

Played my guitar today. 2-3 tunes; maybe 12-15 minutes. I'll probably do a couple more tunes before I go to bed; guitar? uke? 'Don't know. Whatever moves me; beats watching TV...

Last edited:
I had to do some software installs today, so I pulled my Mainland Gecko out of my desk drawer and played a little bit. Including (for the first time ever) a rendition of "Hit Me Baby One More Time" just to annoy my co-workers.
I am sure I will play my Pono and my Epiphone Les Paul when I get home, I'm still at work...

It is finals week for me, too. All I did was to pick up my office Harmony to take a picture to post in the Uke Republic FB question about office uke usage.

But, it was so cluttered with end of semester piles of papers that I was too embarrassed to show the state of my office.

This is likely one of the few days I won't play at all. But I did surf on UU off and on all day to relieve the tedium of grading.

Last edited:
It was a great day, I played 5 of my ukes!

Three I think, just fartin around

Great thread, I worked solely with my Baritone today. Usually I play at least two.

Top Bottom