Dirty kid plays dirty slide

H

Hippie Dribble

Last night's dream:

I was drifting through the crowd in the playground of my old high school. Cut to a room and all of a sudden, we're in a house. There's a party going on. Lots of beautiful ladies but all I can hear is the sound of some dude playing slide ukulele. It occurs to me that it's the theme music to an old Charlie Brown movie. I find him in the corner of an upstairs room in dull grainy light sitting down and kickin butt on this uke. It's a National resonator on his lap and he's got it plugged in to this tiny 2w amp and he's picking the melody using a clear plastic slide. But I can't get to him and can't work out how to play it. It's one of our members: dirtiestkidever. The crowd comes between us and I'm in another room, downstairs, and try as I might, I can't get to him again. The sound is like some primitive blues guitar music, dirty and raw as it gets. I finally get to watch him play for all of a few seconds and he starts showing me how to play it but some other person passes him a drink and drags him away. I wake up still wondering how he got it to sound like that and how to play the song. Aaaarrrggghhhh! :)

:wtf:Dude ...you're eating Rarebit before bedtime again !!.....stop it !!:nana::biglaugh:

Ooh, sounds like a great party. Beautiful women, live blues, and people bringing me drinks.

But the meaning behind this dream seems pretty obvious. If I get a National Reso then I will instantly be able to crush the blues. Sound about right?

Ooh, sounds like a great party. Beautiful women, live blues, and people bringing me drinks.

But the meaning behind this dream seems pretty obvious. If I get a National Reso then I will instantly be able to crush the blues. Sound about right?

Yep. That's how I read it mate. Perfect. You know what to do. :cool:

All you need to do is set up a meeting at the "Crossroads", that should get things sorted!

Like your thinking Cam.

Dream interpreters? Anyone? Where's Petey Houdini when ya need him... :p

Jon - Maybe one way to figure this out is like in the movie 'Inception', and that on the pre-arranged date and time, your fellow UU brethren should enter the dream and assist you in your quest...each of us with ukes in hand...

lest it not turn into an encounter with Freddy Kruger!

Dream analysis is fascinating. Not sure I totally buy into it. You described him as playing primitive, raw dirty blues....Maybe all it is, is an association to his screen name, here. If you were able to obtain the information that you were seeking, he would no longer be the dirtiest. THAT'S how I would translate it.

Man I love you guys and gals.

John, I had her out today in lieu of last evening's slideshow my friend. She never disappoints.

Deano, I am totally beyond feaked out by that plan! I did have a dream many years back which I posted about (couldn't find it) and it was something like that minus the Inception thingo: massive bunch of UUers were at UWC and I got to meet all these awesome folks for real who write so eloquently on these boards. It was a total blast and it's one of those few and far between dreams I've never forgotten for all the best reasons.

Deb, I think that's part of it for sure. To that I'd add that (i) we both have a Peanuts love and (ii) I'd spent the previous couple of days listening to Daniel Bachman who is a young primitive guitarist whose music I adore.

But wow, a Charlie Brown theme played like that is taking it somewhere wild eh. It was trippy...the kid was playing this incredible melodic rhythm but really only fingering one string with the slide. Must have been tuned linear cause it was the bottom one, and he was just makin that reso sing like an angel whose strings were loose with whiskey and whose body was tarred up with nicotine. Darn those partygoers.

Thought this was gonna be a video of a ten year old absolutely shredding a uke.

Glad it's not because I'm self-concious about my playing enough as it is!

Can we all just find a bunch of slide vids and post them now?

Deano, I am totally beyond feaked out by that plan! I did have a dream many years back which I posted about (couldn't find it) and it was something like that minus the Inception thingo: massive bunch of UUers were at UWC and I got to meet all these awesome folks for real who write so eloquently on these boards. It was a total blast and it's one of those few and far between dreams I've never forgotten for all the best reasons.

Sorry if I caused distress. I was only thinking of a way to support you, in this world as well as in the dream world...

I've always felt that there was great power and knowledge to be gained if we could better understand our dreams. I've not mastered this yet myself, but am always fascinated by how the mind works.

Maybe it's a simple thing about your ukes and friends in the waking world as other's have suggested, but only you can know for sure.

Anyway, I am glad you shared your dream with us. :)

Sorry if I caused distress. I was only thinking of a way to support you, in this world as well as in the dream world...

I've always felt that there was great power and knowledge to be gained if we could better understand our dreams. I've not mastered this yet myself, but am always fascinated by how the mind works.

Maybe it's a simple thing about your ukes and friends in the waking world as other's have suggested, but only you can know for sure.

Anyway, I am glad you shared your dream with us. :)

Oh man, no distress at all, I think my comment maybe came across wrong in translation between Oz and America! But yeah Deano, I used to be into dream analysis a fair bit and the whole thing continues to intrigue me. The brain is a truly incredible thing eh. Never sleeps even when we do! :)

Oh boy you got it bad Jon if you've got ukulele dreams...you know what that means huh :)

Haha Bruddah! Um...unfortunately maybe ! do. But a National reso isn't on the radar at the moment. :p

Top Bottom