Vintage 1927 C.F. Martin 2k for sale $745

Dwave

Reaction score
Vintage C F Martin Style 2K Koa Soprano Ukulele ~1927-1931~ According to the bible, Walsh and King Martin book, Martin made 2K sopranos from 1919 to 1931 and Martin made 475 of these 2K ukuleles. That's it! This Vintage Martin is approaching 100 years old. Ok so what I know about this Vintage Martin in Koa is they all get cracks and this one is no different but it does not affect its playability because it tunes right up no problem, neck is straight too. I have also had two luthiers look at it and they were equally amazed by this Martin and said there are no reason for any repairs. Each luthier told me that all the cracks appear to have been repaired to keep the cracks in check. I have made no attempt to clean or adjust this ukulele other than buy a hard case which is included; I haven’t even changed the strings, there old too. There is a noticeable piece missing at the bottom of the sound hole. Also there few cracks in the body of this ukulele: one to the left of the soundboard and approx. 6 on the back. As mentioned all cracks appear to have been repaired at some time. This Vintage Marin is in very good structural and playing condition despite the (repaired?) cracks.
Now the back story, I bought this ukulele off a guy who found it at an estate sale in Hemet California. He bought it from a little old lady in her 80’s that said it had belonged to her father. So imagine, he could have bought it new in 1927 for about $14, it’s very possible.
Any takers at $745??? Plus shipping and insurance.M4.jpgM1.jpgM2.jpgM3.jpg

SOLD. Thanks to all who PM'd me, but sorry this sweet little lady is no longer available.

Top Bottom