PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic to Classical Guiter Transformation?

kkimura
05-19-2015, 04:00 AM
I've decided that steel strings are not my cup of tea and so have decided to get rid of my acoustic guitar and use the proceeds to get a classical guitar. To that end, I have a Recording King RO-10 in a Guardian case to sell. Does $300 sound reasonable?

The RO-10 is a 000 size with solid sitka spruce top and solid mahogany sides and back. The strings are a couple of years old but I'm including a set of D'Addarios.

Mods, please move this if I've posted in the wrong place.

Booli
05-19-2015, 08:53 AM
I'm not sure if 'For Sale' posts for a guitar would go here, and/or if the 'Marketplace' section of the UU forum is only for ukes, or for all instruments.

My gut tells me you will get more views and better advice (even if it's a caution) if you make a new thread in the 'Marketplace' section.

Having said that, I was once enamored with this same Recording King guitar, but also have completely moved away from all steel string instruments.

About 6 months ago I purchased an Art & Lutherie AMI nylon string parlor guitar, with a solid cedar top and cherry back and sides, and the sound and playability is amazing. However it's a bit bigger than I really want and am hoping to check out a Cordoba Mini, which is 20" scale length but has a full 2" nut width like on a full size classical guitar, which I prefer. You might want to have a look at these. HMS has the Cordoba on their web site in all 3 models.

kkimura
05-19-2015, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the tips Booli. I'll try the Marketplace sooner or later.

kkimura
05-20-2015, 03:10 AM
Much later as I've posted a link in "Links and Videos".

Booli
05-20-2015, 04:28 AM
ok. good luck!

kkimura
05-20-2015, 05:35 AM
Thanks!

(extra characters here as required)

kissing
06-02-2015, 05:17 PM
the marketplace seems to be the right place to list it as a sale.

Guitars are just big ukuleles anyway