WTB Soprano Long Neck

Uke182

Reaction score
Looking for a beater uke to take with me everywhere. What do you have? :)

Last edited:
I have a Bronze (solid Mahogany) Keli'i Super Soprano which is not for sale ... but wanted to tell you it has the sweetest tone. And I just love playing it.

I have upgraded the bridge and nut to Tulip Wood ... ah ... totally awesome tone, and so much fun for those fast percussive songs.

Consider a Keli'i. You won't be disappointed.

I am thinning the herd and have a Loprinzi longneck soprano in mahogany.

Sweet Uke, great neck and lovely tone.

Comes with gig bag. I bought it here on the Marketplace.

$325. I take PayPal.

Here is the link to the original listing- http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...-Loprinzi-Longneck-Soprano-All-Solid-Mahogany

I have put new strings on and a strap pin.

Lovely Uke!

I remember seeing that. Awesome looking uke, but sorry, I should have mentioned that I want a laminate uke to take everywhere with me.

I am thinning the herd and have a Loprinzi longneck soprano in mahogany.

Sweet Uke, great neck and lovely tone.

Comes with gig bag. I bought it here on the Marketplace.

$325. I take PayPal.

Here is the link to the original listing- http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...-Loprinzi-Longneck-Soprano-All-Solid-Mahogany

I have put new strings on and a strap pin.

Lovely Uke!

This is a great Uke DownUpDave has one and while the finger spacing at the bridge is slightly wider on my Keli'i ... the sound and tone of this Uke is very impressive.

This is a great Uke DownUpDave has one and while the finger spacing at the bridge is slightly wider on my Keli'i ... the sound and tone of this Uke is very impressive.

My Loprinzi is a great uke but I have a recommendation for you. I also own an Islander AS-4 which is an all walnut laminate long neck. This is my car uke and it is sturdy, stable and sounds real good. They retail for about $120.00 or less brand new.

They are not advertised as a super soprano but the neck length from nut to body joint is 7-7/8", Loprinzi super soprano is 8" so as close as you can get.

Last edited:
My Loprinzi is a great uke but I have a recommendation for you. I also own an Islander AS-4 which is an all walnut laminate long neck. This is my car uke and it is sturdy, stable and sounds real good. They retail for about $120.00 or less brand new.

They are not advertised as a super soprano but the neck length from nut to body joint is 7-7/8", Loprinzi super soprano is 8" so as close as you can get.

I've got an Islander AS-4 as well (but I believe it is Acacia laminate). In fact it's my favorite and overall is only a fraction of an inch shorter overall than 2 Kala long necks (KA-KSLNG and KA-SLNG) that I have and it joins the body at the 14th fret. Top to where the fretboard joins the body is a little shorter than a concert I have, but not by much. It has the standard Kanilea wider width at the nut, which I like. But a caution - the HMS pictures of the newest Islander sopranos show them joining now at the 12 fret so they may have shortened the scale. Asked Andrew about it in the support forum and he was going to speak to Kanilea but have never heard back.....

I have a leolani tiger strip and a lehua acacia koa. Each are beautiful, play well and have a very nice sound. They are both for sal.e

The Kala KA-SLNG is a very nice long neck soprano, and most dealers have it for $92 or less brand new. I have one, and it almost looks too nice to be a carry-all. Its tone is bright, but a little sweeter than the other low-end Kalas. From what I've read, a long neck soprano should get concert strings, but this one seems to have come with soprano strings.

Another option is aNueNue's Mini C, which is essentially a long neck soprano. I have one of these too, and while its body is slightly longer than a soprano body, it's no wider or deeper, so it feels like a soprano. Its tone is much sweeter than the Kala's, but with good volume. This one came with concert strings. Its price is a little higher, but it comes with a nice, padded gig bag.

Both of these are laminated mahogany.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Laminate long neck? Kala SLNG all day long and twice on Sunday. Get Mim or HMS to hook you up. Best $100 you can spend on a uke. I sold mine for even longer neck KPK but enjoyed my time with the SLNG.

I apologize for being inept at figuring out how to get together my new computer with 8.1 and my new telephone that takes really nice pictures. Leolani has a great website with lots of pictures. This one I have has a very pronounced grain pattern top - bottom -sides. The neck is plain, but the faceplate of peghead is also vividly patterned. It is 135 which includes shipping within the USA.

Top Bottom