Kanile'a Island Inlay Premium Tenor FS $1200 local, $1300 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
PRICE DROP:

I'm currently selling this uke (along with my Kamaka and KoAloha) because I no longer play it after getting my Moore Bettah. I got this model used from HMS a couple of years ago. It is very curly premium koa, and inlayed with an abalone inlay of the Hawaiian island chain. It was purchased from Hawaii Music Supply for $1990 and Joe Souza installed a Kanile'a active pickup inside of it for another $200.

When I bought this uke from HMS, they had a sound sample video demo from Aaron. I could not find it on the HMS site any longer, but downloaded it when I first bought the uke. As a result, I have uploaded it to Youtube so you can see it. This is not a sample of the model, this is the exact uke used in the video.

I am also attaching a couple of photos of the front and back of the instrument. This uke is in mint condition, with no scratches or blemishes anywhere on the instrument. I am including the photos HMS used as well as some taken today with the usual UU sign.

HMS is currently selling this exact model for $1900 on their webpage. http://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-...-premium-koa-hawaiian-islands-inlay-1461.html

I am not looking for any trades, only to sell so while I appreciate trade offers, I am not interested in obtaining a uke in exchange for this one.

I'm hoping I can sell this one locally in the greater Los Angeles region without a case. If so, I am asking $1200 for it. If someone outside of LA is interested, I would sell it shipped in the U.S. for $1300 with a case included. Alternatively, I would be willing to consider the best offer.

I will be out of town from May 25-June 5 but if purchased, I promise to deliver in person or ship immediately upon my return on June 6th.

Thanks for looking.

kanileafront.jpgkanileaback.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
I forgot to mention last night - I changed out the Kanile'a plastic black bridge pins for koa ones from Stew Mac. Also, at one point, I switched out the tuner buttons for koa ones. I have since put the original black buttons back on but will include the koa buttons with the uke in case anyone wants them. This is a photo of the uke with those buttons on the tuners.

ailanaportrait2.jpg

Nobody jumped on this . . .

I've done business with wickedwahine in the past and she treats her ukes like babies. You are getting a uke that is practically retail for a used price. Whoever jumps on this is getting a great deal!

Just surprised no one has made an offer or even an inquiry. Hopefully Staci had some PM's

Just closing this thread as the uke is now on evilBay.

UPDATE: this uke has now been sold - thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom