FS: Kamaka HF-3 curly koa tenor $700 local, $800 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
I purchased this ukulele a few years ago from someone who said it was a NAMM instrument. It is a curly koa Kamaka HF-3 tenor. I am selling it (and my Kanile'a Island Inlay Premium tenor) because I don't play them any more after getting my Moore Bettah.

It has been fitted with a MiSi pickup by a technician at McCabe's in Santa Monica, California. It was originally a satin finish but Chris Kamaka had it re-done in the gloss finish for me. Initially when they did so, there was a problem with the seam separating, but that was then repaired by Kamaka.

It is not in mint condition, but rather in very good condition. It has a couple of blemishes on the bottom of the instrument (see photo) and also one blemish on the back (see photo). Additionally, there is some green stuff on the ends of the frets (see photo).

All in all, it is a very good uke. I don't have a sound sample, but I can try to record one if you PM me and are interested.

A new Kamaka HF-3 is going for about $1245 right now, I paid $1000 for it. I am not looking for any trades, only to sell so while I appreciate trade offers, I am not interested in obtaining a uke in exchange for this one. I have two ukes for sale right now (this one and my Kanile'a tenor) but unfortunately only one case at the moment.

So I'm hoping I can sell this one locally in the greater Los Angeles region without a case. If so, I would like to get $700 for it. If someone outside of LA is interested, and this sells before the Kanilea, I would sell it shipped in the U.S. for $800 with a case included. In the event that packaging and shipping with insurance costs less than $100, you have my solemn promise I will refund you the difference. If the Kanilea sells first, and requires me purchasing an additional case, then I would sell this one for $850 with the understanding that you would receive a refund of any amount not needed in that $150 allowance for case, shipping, packaging and insurance.

I will be out of town from May 25-June 4 so if I cannot deliver it in person (or ship it) before that date, I promise to do so immediately upon my return on June 5th.

Thanks for looking.

kamakafront.jpgkamakaback.jpgkamakablemish.jpgKamakabottom.jpgkamakagreenfrets.jpg

Last edited:
a 2007 model, great curly koa. minor swear of use. A great uke!

A potential sale is pending on this uke. The Kanilea is still available. If this uke sells I will be listing my KoAloha next. Thanks everyone for looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom