Meghan Trainor Uke?

It's the Collings mahogany model. Can't be certain whether it's a tenor UT-1 or concert UC-1 but I'm guessing tenor.

Loved that little guitar as well.

A truly great performance.

Given the reach of the show -- Monday's show had over 10 million viewers, I bet a few people will get interested in the uke:

“The Voice” (2.4 rating, 8 share in adults 18-49, 10.1 million viewers overall from 8-10:01 p.m. ET) grew +4% week to week in 18-49 (to a 2.4 rating vs. a 2.3) to rate within 0.1 of the comparable episode during the prior cycle (2.4 vs. 2.5 on Dec. 8, 2014). “The Voice” ranked #1 or tied for #1 among all Big 4 shows Monday night in every key demographic – adults, men and women 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54. Upscale: “The Voice” delivered the most upscale 18-49 audience of the night among Big 4 programs, indexing at 122 among adults 18-49 living in homes with #100K+ incomes (100 represents an average concentration of those homes, L+SD).

I saw that on TV. She was killing it on her Collings uke! She had a swinging little guitar man too. :cool:

EDIT: According to Google, Drew Taubenfeld is Trainor's guitarist.

Last edited:
I didn't see her performance, last night. I watched it on YouTube, today. She's very talented. I was worried she was going to drop her uke, though!

I haven't been a big Meghan Trainor fan (to be fair I've only heard 3 or 4 of her songs) until now. Hearing this and the Elvis Costello youtube clip (posted on the Ukulele Underground page https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6ZIRMne2w0) within the last 12 hours has made my day much cheerier :) Thanks people

I own several Collings 3K's concert and tenors. This is definitely the UC1M or UT1M, angle is tough to count the frets but if 12 it's the concert, 13 it's the tenor.
All 1 series have that headstock. The 2 and 3k's have the signature "Haircut" headstock.

Great ukes and great PR for Collings for sure.

Last edited:
One in tune better than he is :)

Ah, gotta defend him: his voice is bluesy - none of that character-stripping synthetic sounding autotune stuff here. Dylan probably takes the character a little far for me, but this I love :D

Ah, gotta defend him: his voice is bluesy - none of that character-stripping synthetic sounding autotune stuff here. Dylan probably takes the character a little far for me, but this I love :D[/QUOTE

I guess our ears have been warped with all that stuff! ;-)

There was also a ukulele performance on the finalé of American Idol when one of the contestants sang with a current celebrity performer, but I can't find the clip online right now.

Ah, gotta defend him: his voice is bluesy - none of that character-stripping synthetic sounding autotune stuff here. Dylan probably takes the character a little far for me, but this I love :D[/QUOTE

I guess our ears have been warped with all that stuff! ;-)

Yes! ;) Have to add that although I love the slight wandering from the note when greats like Billie Holiday and Nina Simone do it, it does just sound out of tune when I hear my voice doing it :)

"There was also a ukulele performance on the finalé of American Idol when one of the contestants sang with a current celebrity performer, but I can't find the clip online right now."

I'd like to hear this too if you can find a link kohanmike.

Ah, gotta defend him: his voice is bluesy - none of that character-stripping synthetic sounding autotune stuff here. Dylan probably takes the character a little far for me, but this I love :D

I love Elvis, Dylan and Neil Young...they might not be pitch perfect, but they have soul and character. Don't care about all the reality music shows who insist on pitch perfect generic sound.

Top Bottom