FS: KoAloha crown bridge tenor with curly koa $1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
I am selling off my ukes as I no longer play anything but my Moore Bettah. I sold the Kamaka today, and the Kanilea is in the Marketplace now. I am now listing what had been my most prized uke: a special order KoAloha curly koa tenor with a crown bridge.

I special ordered this uke direct from Pops Okami, and got it a couple of years ago. It is loud, with that great KoAloha tone. The curly koa is unique, as KoAloha usually uses more straight grain. In addition, this was one of the last two crown bridges Pops had left. It has an LR Baggs 5.0 pickup that was installed at KoAloha.

I love this uke and hate to part with it, but honestly, it is not getting the love and playing it deserves. That being said, while I deeply discounted the Kamaka and discounted the Kanilea, I am not discounting this one as I only would sell it for the right price (not interested in trades). So I am listing it for $1000 local pickup in Los Angeles, or $1100 shipped in the United States. If the cost of my shipping and packaging are less than $100 I will refund the difference back to the buyer.

I will be out of town from May 25-June 4 so if the uke sells during that time, I will have to deliver it locally or ship it on the 5th of June.

Here are some photos of my beloved KoAloha...
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Staci, this baby should go quick . . .

wow. wow, did I already say that. My Koaloha tenor is my favorite, and if I bought this, it would refuse to play. what an unusual beauty.

In response to a PM inquiry regarding the bellying some KoAlohas have done, this one is totally flat and good. It is only about two(?) years old right now.
image.jpg

Staci, as you know I sold mine earlier this year. :( I sure am missing it. Someone should snap this up pronto!

Staci, this baby should go quick . . .

wow. wow, did I already say that. My Koaloha tenor is my favorite, and if I bought this, it would refuse to play. what an unusual beauty.

this one has really nice curly koa and that crown bridge was the best look IMO, should go quick.

Staci, as you know I sold mine earlier this year. :( I sure am missing it. Someone should snap this up pronto!

Thanks guys for all the nice comments. I have to admit, part of me is like, "What are you doing?!" I love this uke. But I can't let it just sit there unplayed. Still, I will probably be sorry if it goes. Until I got the MB, this was the best uke I ever owned. And I know I will miss it - but it is crazy to keep it and let it collect dust.

People have done crazier things and just because you don't play it now does not mean you'll always feel this way.

People have done crazier things and just because you don't play it now does not mean you'll always feel this way.

Nah, and this is no slam on this uke. But I haven't played it...or anything else...since I got the MB. I would rather it go to a good home, and I have something else I could use the money for. :)

I thought it had a pickup installed but none of your pictures show any sign of having one. I only knew since your signature line states your koaloha with the pickup. Your really good being able to narrow yourself down to one, albeit a great one.

I would have at least one spare. At least to bring places I wouldn't want to bring my MB.

Good luck I am trying to have control.

I thought it had a pickup installed but none of your pictures show any sign of having one. I only knew since your signature line states your koaloha with the pickup. Your really good being able to narrow yourself down to one, albeit a great one.

I would have at least one spare. At least to bring places I wouldn't want to bring my MB.

Good luck I am trying to have control.

My current MB won't be my only uke. ;)

Do you have any pictures with close up of bridge? Also, looks like tuners are type without set screw in back. Is that correct? do you have any more pictures?

Do you have any pictures with close up of bridge? Also, looks like tuners are type without set screw in back. Is that correct? do you have any more pictures?

Yes these are closed tuners, the lighter weight ones with the KoAloha logo (see photo).

Also attaching photos of the bridge in closeup, and the pickup input.

Also, in response to PM questions, while it has a pickup, it does not have a strap button on the heel. It is currently strung low g with PhD strings. :)

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
This uke is now sold, thanks Scott. I am glad it is going to a good home and I know you will love it as much as I did! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom