NUD. My Sweet Pea has arrived

Osprey

Reaction score
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgAs I previously posted I won a mandolin in a raffle at my local music store. I decided to trade it in for an ukulele. The one I chose was Kala's Tenth Anniversary "Sweet Pea" Ukulele. It is all solid acacia and really has a great sound. I am over the moon with this ukulele
Cliff

Wow, it looks really pretty! Congrats on a wise trade. Is it a tenor? What is the shape of the fret markers? Oh, and nice photography too.
–Lori

Congrats! Looks great...and you can't beat the price. Enjoy!

Wow, it looks really pretty! Congrats on a wise trade. Is it a tenor? What is the shape of the fret markers? Oh, and nice photography too.
–Lori
Thanks, it is a tenor. The fret markers are ovals made from Padauk as are the bindings. It is my first all solid ukulele. The intonation is great all the way up the fretboard. The set-up guy said it came out of the box in great shape. He didn't have to do anything to it. Kala has upped their quality control on this model.
Cliff

Congratulatioms on a great ukulele. I have been impressed with the sound of this, both from HMS and Uke Republic videos. Very very nice.

Only one this better than a new ukulele.........a FREE new ukulele :shaka:

Handsome uke! Congrats on your win!

Nice that you worked it out for something you'll truly enjoy!

I'm with Osprey on this one. Andrew at HMS set me up with one last month and I've been on it daily. Not only a real looker but a sweet warm sound as well!
Cheerios!

Congratulations! My first tenor ukulele was a Kala solid acacia tenor, and I loved the sound of it. (I have since sold it to a friend, so I still get to see and hear it.)

How lovely it is and I'm glad it sounds just as lovely as it looks. I'm going to have to look these up.

Congrats, it is indeed "sweet"

Cool. Looks wonderful.

Yeah, I'd trade a mandolin for that uke, any day! Grin away!

Top Bottom