Ukulele missionary!

bobinde

Reaction score
This past January, I played my uke for my stepdaughter's choir ensemble at her church ("Over the Rainbow") and it really went over well! In fact, we did it again for their fundraising event - it was a Hawaiian theme. Anyway, this last weekend, she was plunking around on my KPK tenor so I showed her a few chords and "how things work" on ukes. Monday afternoon while her daughter was taking a nap (daddy had the day off & was kidsitting) she went to her LMS and bought a soprano Makala. I was planning to "loan" her my KPK pineapple, but now she wants to buy it from me.

In her email, she said that two others from her ensemble are thinking of buying ukes, too.

I think I've created a monster . . . :shaka::shaka:

bobinde

... and THAT'S how you do it!!!!!

Yes, yes, YES!!!!!

very nice soft-sell!

Hopefully the interest will spread organically from the little seeds that you've planted. :)

This past January, I played my uke for my stepdaughter's choir ensemble at her church ("Over the Rainbow") and it really went over well! In fact, we did it again for their fundraising event - it was a Hawaiian theme. Anyway, this last weekend, she was plunking around on my KPK tenor so I showed her a few chords and "how things work" on ukes. Monday afternoon while her daughter was taking a nap (daddy had the day off & was kidsitting) she went to her LMS and bought a soprano Makala. I was planning to "loan" her my KPK pineapple, but now she wants to buy it from me.

In her email, she said that two others from her ensemble are thinking of buying ukes, too.

I think I've created a monster . . . :shaka::shaka:

bobinde

...and then she will be borrowing money to feed the UAS habit. ...and then she will discover VINTAGE ukuleles (uh oh). ...and until then, enjoy the ukulele comrade relationship! :)

Tony

Following up . . . My stepdaughter (Natasha) brought her new toy (her words) along to our weekend at the beach, and it's Royal Blue. She also picked up some Aquila Nylgut strings for it, which I installed (it sounds pretty good now!). But here's the problem: she ws playing my KPK pineapple and really didn't wan t to let it go.

She wants to buy it from me.

And she's looking at a Concert Lanakai.

:cheers::shaka:

bobinde

Top Bottom