FS: Mya-Moe Tenor Curly Myrtle

Recstar24

Reaction score
Well, the UAS is starting to hit pretty hard - I'm about paid off on another custom Mya Moe that should arrive in February/March, as well as looking to get another Stansell and possibly a Hoffman/Boat Paddle, so something needs to give.

This is MM #1258. Since getting her in January, I have been very surprised at how well she has opened up. Excellent volume, even longer sustain and the Mya Moe tone is really well represented in their myrtle ukes.

MM Myrtle 5.jpgMM Myrtle 4.jpgMM Myrtle 3.jpgMM Myrtle 2.jpgMM myrtle 1.jpg

Very nice curly myrtle, framed in walnut, with pegheads. Truly in the exact same condition as received. She has been played and loved, however, I cannot find a single scratch, ding, or strum mark on the soundboard whatsoever (I must not be playing hard enough, lol).

Looking to sell for $1300 including shipping within continental US. I am still attached to this one, and if no one wants her, I'll definitely continue to enjoy her, but if someone out there can keep her more company, more power to you. Feel free to throw me a reasonable offer.

I prefer to sell, but will entertain trade offers, which can be of equal value, of lesser value with you adding cash, or of higher value and me adding cash. Looking specifically at tenors.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
IS There. . . ? ? ?

A Twelve Step program for us? What do we call ourselves? We have a group here in Salem called Uke'aholics, , but's only known for making things worse every Thursday evening.

Myrtlisis ? Myrtlosis? Myrtlomania? I kinda lean toward having TLS .... Thanking Les Stansell for all of this beautiful wood .
terminal stansellitus ?

LOL - thanks Bill. Only reason I'm letting this one go is because my true custom mya moe is in the process, and the myrtle tenor from les is pretty stunning :)

Check your inbox . . . . or not, so if you are not open to any negotiation maybe you could state that in your listing? I would have paid $1200 easy for this Uke but as the kids say these days, "Whatevs"!

Last edited:
Bump. Will entertain reasonable offers and trade opportunities.

To the moderators of this forum - the above poster offered $850. My original listing was for $1350. I felt his offer was not reasonable, and because he is a new poster, I chose to ignore it. I did not want to go into a back and forth with someone looking for a killer deal, but am inclined to defend myself from his above post.

Bump. Will entertain reasonable offers and trade opportunities.

To the moderators of this forum - the above poster offered $850. My original listing was for $1350. I felt his offer was not reasonable, and because he is a new poster, I chose to ignore it. I did not want to go into a back and forth with someone looking for a killer deal, but am inclined to defend myself from his above post.

I agree with what you did Ryan. No disrespect intended to mrichert who is making a low ball offer but you have the right to refuse to answer any communication you chose to.

Brand new this instrument is close to $1700.00 and it is only a few months old. My MM sycamore continues to impress me, sam13 was just playing it a few hours ago and would like to steal it. I like this uke so much I am having an LR Baggs 5.0 pick up installed, the only uke I will own with a pick up.

Yours is a great uke at a fair price, enough said

If you would only let it go for $850.00, and I'd even drive down to get it,,,,tonight!! :cool: That would be the steal, I mean deal of the year. She's a beauty and those myrtle MM's are sweet. I am so close to selling a few of my guitars just to try and find a MM myrtle or one of a few others on my wish list. But I just grabbed up a Pono AT and the wife won't let me get anything as nice as your uke till I thin the herd of other instruments I am not really good at playing.

Ryan ... perhaps a link to your recording you posted on UU previously will help sell this beauty. Shame I don't have the cash as I quite like Dave's ... just to remind me ... would this be similar in tone to Mahogany but a bit brighter?

Ryan ... perhaps a link to your recording you posted on UU previously will help sell this beauty. Shame I don't have the cash as I quite like Dave's ... just to remind me ... would this be similar in tone to Mahogany but a bit brighter?

Thanks Sam, I updated my first post with 2 youtube links.

Haven't heard a Mahogany Mya Moe unfortunately...this myrtle is about as well balanced and even from top to bottom as I've heard. Very consistent tone across all 4 strings, not too bright nor too dark, just very balanced and present.

Last edited:
What would you be interested in for a trade

Why couldn't you just respond that the offer was not reasonable and counter, or as I noted, indicate that your price is non-negotiable? $850 isn't chump-change and of course I was willing to increase the offer dramatically. Since you chose not to respond in a civil, professional manner in the pm format, I had/have no choice to air your dirty laundry here in the public forum. I would hope the moderators can understand my frustration. I'm not looking for a 'killer' deal, just a deal. Obviously this is the wrong forum, as the insiders rule the roost and 'outsiders' are not welcome. I had just previously negotiated and confirmed a deal with another 'senior member' when he then violated our agreement and sold the instrument out from under me, and now you harbor hurt feelings because I had the 'audacity' to offer almost a thousand dollars for a $1300 instrument. Yikes!

Look, we've had reports about posts in this thread. It's kind of hard for mods to referee squabbles like this when some of the exchange has been by PM as we do not see private messages, except where members choose to share them with us.

So, with that limitation in mind, as we've been asked to intervene, let me do it in a kind of general way.

There is no rule against making low offers. There is no rule against refusing to consider low offers. There is no rule compelling a member to reply to an offer or to a PM. So, please take that information on board and quit squabbling.

Let's keep this thread on track. mrichert, unless you want to make a new offer I don't see much reason for you to chime in further here.

Thanks Rick. Again I have no issue against his low ball offer, I just chose not to respond to him. I only chose to respond to his public post because I felt he questioned my integrity as a seller. If you read his first post, he makes it sound like I ignored his PM where he offers $1200, which was not the case. As someone that tries to contribute to this forum in a positive fashion, I hope others are not questioning my integrity or communication skills based on the above posters unprofessional comments.

No I said I was wiling to up my offer, implying that I was to start a line of communication with you, your failure to respond meant I could not communicate with you and increase my offer up to $1200. The anger and bitterness is really unfounded, nor is the group shaming of me that is now happening. I apologize, I did not know negotiations were forbidden in this forum. Out of respect to the mods this will be my last post in this thread, but I feel treated unfairly and generally disrespected, such is this forum's culture it sadly appears

Recstar24, as I'd asked mrichert not to chime in unless he wanted to make an offer, was it really necessary to have one last dig? When I said stop squabbling, I meant both of you. You're wasting our time. Now, please, knock it off.

The topic is selling/buying the instrument. Please stay on it or the thread will close. No further comment on the peripheral nonsense, please just attend to business.

Thanks.

Edited to respect moderators wishes.

Rick - I mean no disrespect. I am just trying to establish that I am a fair seller open to communication with potential buyers or trade offers, that is all.

Last edited:
I'm with Ryan on this. No need to respond to a very low-ball offer. Hey, a deal is a deal, but c'mon, $850. in this case, is a steal.

Top Bottom