Songs for GDAE tuning ukulele

Mandolinists have been retuning ukuleles GDAE for a while. Soprano ukuleles are popular as GDAE-tuned "hotel room" travel alternatives to mandolins due to the reduced output volume. Usually, the hardest part of GDAE tuning a soprano is to have a (very thin) nylon E string strong enough to take the necessary tension. i ended up using 20-pound test monofilament line for that reason.

I have a dumb question. In your video, are you using the same chord fretting hand placement when tuned GDAE as with gCEA?

Mandolinists have been retuning ukuleles GDAE for a while. Soprano ukuleles are popular as GDAE-tuned "hotel room" travel alternatives to mandolins due to the reduced output volume. Usually, the hardest part of GDAE tuning a soprano is to have a (very thin) nylon E string strong enough to take the necessary tension. i ended up using 20-pound test monofilament line for that reason.

Dear SteveZ. Thank you for the new information.

I have restrung one soprano uke in GDAE and I love it. But I used the Aquila "soprano fifths" Nylgut string set, and Nylgut takes a LONG time to stretch. I mounted mine about two weeks ago. I recently departed on a six-week road trip and left the fifth-uke at home. The string should be adequately stretched by the time I return home in early July. ;)

I have restrung one soprano uke in GDAE and I love it. But I used the Aquila "soprano fifths" Nylgut string set, and Nylgut takes a LONG time to stretch. I mounted mine about two weeks ago. I recently departed on a six-week road trip and left the fifth-uke at home. The string should be adequately stretched by the time I return home in early July. ;)

Thanks for the feedback response.

Top Bottom