PDA

View Full Version : Another Bad Soprano

Timbuck
05-23-2015, 02:42 AM
I don't often do this :( But this one was asking for it :mad:

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc143/shiregreenbod/PICT0019_zpsobu2xhmt.jpg (http://s219.photobucket.com/user/shiregreenbod/media/PICT0019_zpsobu2xhmt.jpg.html)

Inksplosive AL
05-23-2015, 03:51 AM
Well that right there is what separates our crafts. I would catch hell throwing troublesome tattoos or piercings to the fire. Though I will admit Ive had clients that deserved to burn.

Funny fret wire is so cheap yet I cringe looking at this needing a 12th fret for an old Chicago built Regal. lol

~peace~

Kevs-the-name
05-23-2015, 04:14 AM
I think there is an awful lot to take away from this picture.
I recognise your ability to make ‘perfect’ ukuleles and that if it isn’t good enough, i guessing you probably don’t continue to ‘waste your time’?

I am very new at making ukuleles as a hobby, but I think I have already spent far to much time trying to make or mend a clearly failed instrument, one that will never be any good.

I realise that you must learn my your mistakes, however, as I am using relatively cheep materials...
I guess its time to fire up the BBQ!

KEV

fretie
05-23-2015, 04:20 AM
What I want to know is....

what goes best with BBQ Uke....

curly kale...a mango salad....!?

Stagehand
05-23-2015, 09:17 AM
Humble Pie:rolleyes:
What I want to know is....

what goes best with BBQ Uke....

curly kale...a mango salad....!?

sequoia
05-23-2015, 05:44 PM
And good riddance... I see you did salvage the bridge however. Good thinking.

AndrewKuker
05-23-2015, 10:35 PM
Props. I respect that. On to the next. What we put out into the world is a fat slice of who we are. Sometimes you gotta just burn it and start again. Mark of an artist. Now I want a uke from you Tim!

Timbuck
05-23-2015, 10:44 PM
And good riddance... I see you did salvage the bridge however. Good thinking.

No! I didn't salvage the bridge that was what caused the problem in the first place..I was taking off the bridge to replace it, co's a piece broke off it when stringing it up:( ..And during the process while applying heat, I accidently burned a small area in the finish :mad:..Then I lost my cool and killed it.:wtf:

Titchtheclown
05-25-2015, 01:07 AM
Perhaps you could take up making tenors
They burn longer;)

stevepetergal
05-25-2015, 03:04 AM
In the States we'd use the smoker.

strumsilly
05-25-2015, 05:25 AM
No! I didn't salvage the bridge that was what caused the problem in the first place..I was taking off the bridge to replace it, co's a piece broke off it when stringing it up:( ..And during the process while applying heat, I accidently burned a small area in the finish :mad:..Then I lost my cool and killed it.:wtf:
was it a slotted bridge? I just chipped a piece out of my kOALOHA concert. They are my least favorite bridge types.

hollisdwyer
05-25-2015, 05:51 AM
I've seen Japanese potters go through a lot when removing their pots from the kiln. If they see any faults, even the slightest, they break them immediately.