chunky neck

Kanile'a used to have some pretty chunky necks, but I think they changed about a year ago to thinner profile necks. Kelii have nice and chunky, but light, necks (at least on their tenor). Honu have super thin necks. Most other brands have roughly medium thickness on their necks, I think.

Ukuleles by Lori Espanol also have thick necks.

I have a fairly chunky neck; I tell everyone I'm big boned, but I think we all know the truth now, don't we?

Oh...you're talking ukulele...sorry

I'd say that two fleas taped together would make a smooth hitting and sweet sounding fungo bat.

Thanks.
This Koaloha seems to have a thin neck, but then again my knowledge is limited.
How about Mainlands?

compass rose have slightly stockier necks but i wouldnt call them chunky. rick turner being a guitar maker wanted the feel to be more like a guitar profile..making guitarist feel at home

Let's bring this back up....
I'm going for the mid priced tenor this time around, Kala, Mainland, Pono, etc. $200-$400. Beefier neck the better.
Should I really consider the Flukes?

Let's bring this back up....
I'm going for the mid priced tenor this time around, Kala, Mainland, Pono, etc. $200-$400. Beefier neck the better.
Should I really consider the Flukes?

Don't go Kala, they have notoriously thin necks, which I like. The fattest neck I ever played was on a Bugsgear Eleuke. That thing was pretty square.

Top Bottom