Zephyr #30 Ukulele

Uncle Leroy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi all,
I just found this awesome little soprano in a thrift store. My cost $90.00. I got it home and got it cleaned up and tuned it up. Wow! all I can say is wow. I am trying to find some info on it and was just wondering if anyone here might have heard of this brand. I think it may somehow be associated with Kiwaya. It appears to have a solid cedar top and rosewood back and sides. I have no idea about it's age. It is a wonderful little uke. Does anyone have any info that they could share on this?
IMG_0536.jpgIMG_0537.jpgIMG_0538.jpgIMG_0539.jpg

They do have some Zephyrs on the Kiwaya website, but not this model. If the top is indeed solid, you got a decent deal.

Looks to me like it was made by Mitsuba Gakki in Japan. They're a furniture maker that have been around since after the war. Not the same company as Kiwaya, but the better examples are close to the same quality. That one is really nice! Good job saving it from the thrift store.

does it have the same wavy/ wave-like bridge as Kiwaya's look to have? Regardless, for $90 seems like a great deal.

Love the grains on the back - very nice. I bet it sounds great. Wonderful score on finding it!

Top Bottom