PDA

View Full Version : Frets added to Violele...

UkAlele
05-25-2015, 11:02 AM

getting one step closer to fine finishing work... I'll keep the progress pics flowing...

Regards

Uk-Al-lele

kypfer
05-25-2015, 11:37 AM
Hmmm .... it's only now I'm starting to see the limitations (to my mind) ... the bridge is going to be a lo-o-o-ng way from the end of the body ... will you be using a tailpiece? perhaps a longer neck might have been better, then you'd need to reposition the sound-post (or don't you use one?) ... suppose I really should just wait and see ;)

Interesting, thank you :)

Booli
05-25-2015, 12:00 PM
looks great!

How did you attach the neck to the violin body? did you use a dovetail joint, or did you run the neck into the body all the way to the endpin?

UkAlele
05-25-2015, 12:12 PM
The scale length is 436mm which would mean repositioning the saddle to accommodate the scale length. Yes I will be using the tail piece, although this will be reshaped and made smaller and lighter.

I want to make a visual impact with the way in which the strings complement the wooden body. There are things yet to consider such as tuners and how the strings will link between the nut and violin headstock. It's keeping me busy planning each step, but very rewarding. My aim is to make an amazing sounding Hybrid instrument. Thanks for response.

UkAlele
05-25-2015, 12:16 PM
The joint is a flat joint with counter sunk dowel. The neck is slightly angled to mirror violin characteristics to a certain degree. thankyou for product compliment. Regards Uk-Al-lele.