More Bob's Burgers fun!

cpmusic

Reaction score
Here's more proof that I have too much time on my hands: another Bob's Burgers ukulele! It's a Makala MK-S, a fact I mention only because I wanted to keep the price at $50 or less, and Makala is the best uke I've found at that price point. Although the primary purpose here is decoration, I wanted the uke to be playable.

I strung this one with La Bella No. 11, hoping the strings wouldn't show quite as much as the Aquilas the uke came with. They don't, but they're not quite clear, either. They also seem lower in tension than the Aquilas, producing a slightly warmer tone and a little less volume. I may try some truly clear strings eventually, but these will do for now.

Thanks for looking!

BobLinLele-small.jpg

Wow, you seem really into this show! :)

My next door neighbor is one of the writers on "Bob's Burgers." I have never seen it, but I guess I should make a point.

Next time I see him, I'll have to tell him about your uke painting. :)

Funny, the previous owner of the house was an actor who was a long-running voice on "King of the Hill."

Sorry about that. Yes, I painted the uke. Bob's Burgers is an animated TV comedy on Fox, and its theme is played on a ukulele. The show may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I think it's hysterical. The characters on the uke are Bob on the front, his wife Linda on the back, and their kids on the headstock.

Last edited:
Yeah, you could say that.....

My next door neighbor is one of the writers on "Bob's Burgers." I have never seen it, but I guess I should make a point.

Cool! I don't know any of the writers, but please send my regards when you see him.

Funny, the previous owner of the house was an actor who was a long-running voice on "King of the Hill."
There's actually some connection between these two shows. Jim Dauterive (sp?) has been a writer and producer for both, and Bob's uses some of the same voice talent.

My other Bob's Burgers uke is this one:

Cuke-ulele_Lady_f-b_small.jpg

Last edited:
itsme, you absolutely have to show him this thread with these 2 Bob's Burgers ukes! These are great/perfect/wonderful. Love that show.

Very fun! I'm not familiar with the show, but you did a great job!

Funny I have been planning my own Bob's ukulele since seeing your first. The theme was one of the last things to finally stick in my head and make me look at a ukulele in the first place.

Good Stuff.

Funny I have been planning my own Bob's ukulele since seeing your first. The theme was one of the last things to finally stick in my head and make me look at a ukulele in the first place.

Good Stuff.
Hey, go for it! Theres plenty of fun to go around!

Love the creativity! Good job with the customizations. :)

The show isn't on air over here (I believe), but I'm curious enough now to find a stream.

Love the creativity! Good job with the customizations. :)
Thanks!

The show isn't on air over here (I believe), but I'm curious enough now to find a stream.
Fox TV has the five most recent episodes on their website at http://www.fox.com/bobs-burgers/full-episodes -- I don't think there are any geographic restrictions, but I have no way to check that.

Netflix has the first four seasons of the show in the US, but their content varies from country to country, and I don't know if they have a German outlet yet. I've read that there are ways to watch Netflix US in other countries, but I don't know what they entail or cost. YouTube has some clips from the show and related material for free, but official full episodes carry a cost, as with Amazon and iTunes. (There are some YT posts of full episodes for this and other shows, but they refer you to odd websites that may not be safe or legal.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom