Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain - Upstate NY in October!

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
The Troy Savings Bank Music Hall in Troy, NY just announced the UOGB will be performing there on Friday, October 9 2015. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, May 29. (As a member, I got my tickets today.)

The Hall was built in 1875, has 1180 seats, and phenomenal acoustics. It is a perfect venue for George Hinchliffe and his merry band. Tickets range from $25 to $36.

Just letting y'all know, so you can make plans.

-Kurt​

For uke enthusiasts and other lovers of uke music with a little British humor thrown in, it is a must!!!! We just saw them in mid-April. Fabulous evening.

If they come within a reasonable distance to you go see them. You won't regret it. They do a meet and greet sign autographs. Great Ambassadors for the ukulele.
Cliff

I did just see them in Burlington, VT last month. A wonderful show. The Troy Savings Bank Music Hall actually has far better acoustics than the Flynn, even though I believe it is larger. (Better, actually, than just about any 600-1200 seat venue I've ever been in.)

I was a little bummed - the email about tickets went out at 10:10 EDT, and I saw it around 1:30 EDT. The four front row center seats were already gone, so I had to settle for front row, aisle.

Damn.

But we will be right in front of Dave and Peter, so no problems.

-Kurt​

The Troy Savings Bank Music Hall in Troy, NY just announced the UOGB will be performing there on Friday, October 9 2015. Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, May 29. (As a member, I got my tickets today.)

The Hall was built in 1875, has 1180 seats, and phenomenal acoustics. It is a perfect venue for George Hinchliffe and his merry band. Tickets range from $25 to $36.

Just letting y'all know, so you can make plans.

-Kurt​

Thanks for the heads up! We just now got tickets at Troymusichall.org when the general public tickets went on sale... 2nd row left center aisle, so there are plenty of good seats at this time. We are really looking forward to it.
~ Dick

Thanks for the heads up! We just now got tickets at Troymusichall.org when the general public tickets went on sale... 2nd row left center aisle, so there are plenty of good seats at this time. We are really looking forward to it.
~ Dick
Sounds like you will be right behind us.

And that means some fiber geeking, too, as my wife and our friend Carrie (Fitncrafty) will almost certainly have knitting with them, and I will probably have a drop spindle...

In addition to a ukulele, of course...

I also sent an email about this to Mark at the Tech Valley Uke Meetup, and told him he needs to go see them.

-Kurt​

Just ordered my tickets. I'm in row B right behind you. Anyone know of a good restaurant in the area where my wife and I can get some dinner before the show. Maybe we can get some other UU'ers to join us.

Just ordered my tickets. I'm in row B right behind you. Anyone know of a good restaurant in the area where my wife and I can get some dinner before the show. Maybe we can get some other UU'ers to join us.

Right across the street, downstairs. is Bacchus. Limited menu, but great pizza and pasta, as well as some wonderful beer on tap. There are others close by, but we usually go to Bacchus - probably want to get there between 5:30 and 6, concert is at 8. (between 5:30 and 6 is when the parking right around the hall opens up, but there is a parking garage a couple of blocks away.)

-Kurt​

Last edited:
They will also be appearing at SUNY Purchase on Oct. 4. Nice theater, should be a great show.

Top Bottom