Fare Thee Well cover--a thank you to the ukulele community!

austin1

Reaction score
Nine months ago a lot of ukulele people came together to make sure I had a uke to bring with me to Western Mongolia. So I've been taking video clips for the last nine-months so I could put together this small thank you to the ukulele community for being awesome. Yay!

Incredible. So beautiful. What a precious clip this is Tina. Thankyou.

Wow, what a great adventure! Thanks for posting! Are you going to be bringing home any Mongolian musical instruments?
–Lori

You never cease to amaze.

You should be a-shaman-ed of yourself.

Oh, wait ... you already are.

Wow, what a great adventure! Thanks for posting! Are you going to be bringing home any Mongolian musical instruments?
–Lori

I would love to bring home a morin khuur, but I would never do it justice!

You never cease to amaze.

You should be a-shaman-ed of yourself.

Oh, wait ... you already are.

Heehee.

Hi Tina,

I really enjoyed that video and your singing.

I must have missed out on your plans to go to Mongolia. Is there a thread about it? It looks an incredible place. On top of the world!

Just started on your Blog. Incredible. But so far I haven't discovered WHY you are in Mongolia or what brought you out there.

Happy trails,

Berni

Last edited:
Hi Tina,

I really enjoyed that video and your singing.

I must have missed out on your plans to go to Mongolia. Is there a thread about it? It looks an incredible place. On top of the world!

Just started on your Blog. Incredible. But so far I haven't discovered WHY you are in Mongolia or what brought you out there.

Happy trails,

Berni

In a nutshell: I got tired of my Western European bubble, looked at a map, and said, "What is the worst idea I could possibly have right now?" And now I'm here!

Great video. I really loved it. I can't upvote it more than once though! Check out 'An Idiot Abroad' - I think they sent Karl out to Mongolia for an episode. Looks so beautiful peaceful and serene. I'm digging the blog too - hilarious writing.

Also, side question, how have the Flea's held up in the rugged conditions?.... also again, the blog is hilarious. Amazing pictures there too.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video, Tina. It's a lovely thought and your singing is lovely too.
You're a horsewoman; what was it like to ride the Mongolian ponies?

Are you going back to a European or American bubble now?

Thanks for the video, Tina. It's a lovely thought and your singing is lovely too.
You're a horsewoman; what was it like to ride the Mongolian ponies?

Are you going back to a European or American bubble now?

Initially back to the US, then probably back to Europe in the fall.

No one's let me ride a Mongol pony yet! They keep telling me white people don't know how to ride. I've ridden more camels than horses, which is a bit sad.

Top Bottom