TBUS is at it again!

Nickie

Reaction score
TBUS (Tampa Bay Ukulele Society) is kicking off a new-to-us program. It's our library ukulele lending program. Several libraries in Tampa Bay area have signed up, and each will receive a Bugs Gear uke, with an instruction book and DVD, with gig bag and tuner. Customers will be able to check out a uke for 7 days. Certified leader volunteers, like me, will give workshops at each library, and will have extra ukes to loan to the new ukers, and we'll give them a one hour crash course in ukulele. I've arranged for a photographer for my 1st session in June. We're hoping to recruit new ukers, and give back to the community!
BTW, 50 of these ukes were provided by Mim of Mim's Ukes, at her cost. She set them up free.

TBUS (Tampa Bay Ukulele Society) is kicking off a new-to-us program. It's our library ukulele lending program. Several libraries in Tampa Bay area have signed up, and each will receive a Bugs Gear uke, with an instruction book and DVD, with gig bag and tuner. Customers will be able to check out a uke for 7 days. Certified leader volunteers, like me, will give workshops at each library, and will have extra ukes to loan to the new ukers, and we'll give them a one hour crash course in ukulele. I've arranged for a photographer for my 1st session in June. We're hoping to recruit new ukers, and give back to the community!
BTW, 50 of these ukes were provided by Mim of Mim's Ukes, at her cost. She set them up free.

Great idea, this lending library uke program and yay yay yay to mim for her support!

Ok........I just got that real warm fuzzy feeling all over my body reading that. Next uke I buy has to come from Mim for doing that. Thanks for sharing and inspiring the rest of us.

MIMS is Great! Hope you all get to spend at least a little time with her.

Thank you for sharing the Uke love and giving back... thank you Tampa Bay Ukulele society... Happy Strummings

Thanks guys! The Kickoff was fun. There was a ribbon cutting, the head librarian fed all of us, and is coming to our next jam session. They had the room decorated, put leis on us, and gave us flowers for our hair (not the guys, LOL).
We've already had at least two workshops, and one library in Tampa has requested the workshop to be done every month! Mim was just home from Europe and didn't get to come, but I'm sure we'll see her again at TBUG in November.
We have over 830 members now, and are shooting for 1000. We have a new President as of January, Jay Nunes. (Might be related?)

That's WAY awesome!

Well, I dug this thread out of the archives to tell you all that Tammy and I did our first beginner workshop yesterday, for the library patrons. We had 13 beginners, one had owned a uke for a month. Some had played piano or guitar, but were new to the uke. Wish we'd had this program when I started playing. We gave them each individual attention, taught them three chords, and taught them to play 3 easy songs. They were all pleased, except for a squirming 4 year old boy who got bored....we had a request to do it every month, and the libraries are calling Mim for more ukes. They're all checked out and there's a waiting list!
Go ukulele!

Success! Ukes are such happy instruments! I hope Mim gets plenty of business; she deserves it!

That is fantastic. I hope that if they decide to purchase, they go to Mim.
It is fantastic that you are giving your time to this program.

Thank you. Yes, I always recommend Mim as my go to supplier. I mention the other notables we trust on UU, but I emphasize Mim, clearly. I love doing this, I'm learning too! I was very nervous, because I am always afraid I'm gonna forget something, because of my horrible memory. The Prez of TBUG and two board members were watching, which made me even more nervous, but they were helpful. I'll get better and better at this. I want to introduce the ukulele to at least 100 people before I'm done. I just got a FB PM today from a friend I haven't seen in over 7 years, who is now interested in learning to play the ukulele he bought in Hawaii on vacation. It will be fun to see him again and bond through music.

You Go GIRL!

Nickie this is so incredibly AWESEOME!

First because of how you are helping folks to learn the uke and spread the joy of ukulele to others...

and

Second because of the selfless act of sharing your knowledge...

BOTH of which will make this world a much better place.

Thank you for being YOU and doing what you are DOING.

KUDOS to YOU.:bowdown:

Nickie, you are my HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :worship:

:music::rock:

Top Bottom