Violele Project... Is it true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder?

UkAlele

Reaction score
And once again the story continues... But just a little this time.

I was walking through the majestic English countryside at the weekend and after walking through a very beautiful wooded forest (see pic), I stumbled across this vibrant energising yellow rape seed field (see pic).

So what's this got to do with my Violele project, hmm!

Well as crazy as it seems, when I was in the dark shaded woods it reminded me of the violin's dark thick varnish which hid the wood underneath and then breaking into the brilliant coloured yellow field reminded me of the fabulous wood which emerged from under the removed varnish.

Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder. I just couldn't wait to remove the varnish from the violin and get down to the wood below. I saw no attraction to the unnatural appearance of the cheap looking varnish.

My plan is to spend the weekend carefully removing the final 'gunk' and then smooth and blend the woods together. I've reinforced the neck joint with a counter sunk wood screw and covered this with a mahogony and rosewood cap. It should look good when filed and shaped.

Not too sure about the saddle?

Do you think a modified ukelele saddle could be glued onto the violin soundboard?

Help shape the Violele project with your creative ideas. All advice is very welcomed.

Thanks for your time if you've read this and responded.

Regards

Uk-Al-lele
DSC_0305.jpg
DSC_0273.jpgmms_20150528_221519.jpgDSC_0303.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0303.jpg
    DSC_0303.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Top Bottom