Newbie and hello from Illinois

Kziggy

Reaction score
Hello all just this month I bought my first uke. I have two guitars that I had a hard time playing (short fingers) my friend joined a local uke club and was telling me all about it. He plays bass. So we went and I bought a cheap one just to mess with I was hooked instantly. For Mother's Day my husband bought me a better one its a kala concert uke. Unfortunately that's all I know. I am excited to go to my first club meeting this weekend and I cannot wait to get some of the strumming patterns down better. A little about me I am a mom of one daughter I have two cats and one dog. I enjoy the summers in the Midwest and hate the winters. So excited to find this group

Greetings and welcome. You have come to the right place.

Thank you for the welcomes can't wait to learn so much more loving this beautiful sounding instrument.

Welcome from a current Illinoisan!

Hi Kziggy, we welcome you to our group and will be happy to have you join us tomorrow! If you're feeling confident, we just received an invitation to play the Color the Quads race Saturday afternoon too. No pressure though, please join in what ever you are comfortable with. We may have to cut the meeting a little shorter to get to the race Saturday though. Welcome to UU!

Welcome to UU, and congratulations to your first (second!) ukulele. :) I think going to a meeting right off the bat is a great idea, though admittedly you're a lot braver than I was when I had started out (two years in, I still feel like I'm just starting out). Someone actually showing you how to hold the uke, and demonstrating different strumming techniques, speeds up things tremendously.

Do have fun!

Top Bottom