The Ukulele Site for Online Purchase - Reputable?

clarkking

Reaction score
Well I'm finding that there aren't many retailers around me that carry a wide range of Uku's. So even though i would rather not buy online i may have to. I was wondering if anyone here could offer any insight regarding The Ukulele Site? They seem to have a great selection and i really like that they have so many videos where you're able to see and hear various instruments.

Thank you i appreciate your help,

C

They are extremely reputable, and will also set-up your instrument for you.

As con said they are highly reputable. I'd go so far as to say THE most respected ukulele dealer in the world. The set up work they do alone make it worth purchasing from them. Plus, they are lovely guys.

There are other wonderful businesses worth checking out also. These include Uke Republic; Mainland Ukes and Mim's Ukes. All these places all do superb set-up work as well and all are valued members of this forum.

I've purchased two ukuleles from Andrew and the guys at HMS thru the Ukulele site. They get top marks from me. Takes a few days longer to get something thru them but its worth it.

Last edited:
Andrew and the crew at HMS are absolutely the top shelf in ukulele sales. There is no risk at all in buying from them. Great pricing, a full set-up on every instrument that they ship, good advice whether by phone or online, customer service as good as any you'll find in any category.

Andrew participates on this forum. He keeps an eye on the HMS reputation. More than this, he offers the full benefit of his knowledge freely and without any apparent bias. For those of us in "ukulele deserts" a place like The Ukulele Site is a real asset. Good quality ukuleles are just not available at any store near me.

I purchased 3 ukes from them when I was a brand new player. They kept me from bad decisions and steered me in a good direction.

You'll get a lot of love for HMS here. Mim's Ukes, Uke Republic, and Mainland also have well-deserved good reputations.

As con said they are highly reputable. I'd go so far as to say THE most respected ukulele dealer in the world. The set up work they do alone make it worth purchasing from them. Plus, they are lovely guys.

There are other wonderful businesses worth checking out also. These include Uke Republic; Mainland Ukes and Mim's Ukes. All these places all do superb set-up work as well and all are valued members of this forum.

What John said............in spades. Any of the above are totally dedicated ukulele dealers and because they are members you can easily communicate with them.. Total credibility and accountability, they love what they do and it shows

Last edited:
:agree: Big honkin DITTO

Yes, they are wonderful. I purchased a uke from them (my Kanilea) and it did not have a pickup. They took it to Kanilea and had a pickup installed (though they are more than capable of doing their own install I was getting the Kanilea pickup) and then delivered it to my hotel in Waikiki. They have the best selection I have ever seen and great customer service.

I purchased a $139 ukulele from them as my first proper uke. That was a big deal to me and all I could afford at the time. They did as good of a set up on it as they did on a later, more expensive ukulele purchase. That impressed me. It doesn't get shipped out unless it is right, no matter if it is a $100 or $1000 instrument.

:agree: EXACTLY. What Jon said ^^. I could not agree more. :)

In addition to the vendors already mentioned (and my experiences with HMS, Mim's and Mainland back up what's been said), Elderly Instruments and the Southern Ukulele Store (UK) also consistently get kudos. I'd have no qualms dealing with any of these folks.

+1 for Elderly, dealt with them a few times, and also for Gryphon Strings in Palo Alto, CA. Great folks at both places as well, shipping to NJ was less than a week from either.

I haven't had the pleasure of buying from Southern Ukulele Store (UK) or Omega Music (UK) but our brothers and sisters in the UK have said nice things about these vendors in the past, and can chime in here as needed.

Also, Clark, unless I missed it, I don't recall your location...(on the globe, [Earth] I mean)

Also, Clark, unless I missed it, I don't recall your location...(on the globe, [Earth] I mean)

That was going to be my question too. Can't really give sensible answers to the original question until we know the answer to that one.

You won't find a detractor here. Hawaii Music Supply is perhaps the best online dealer (of anything) in the world.

WOW! Thanks guys! LOL I guess i know where to buy online!! Amazing response! I guess HMS wins hands down!! Yes I'm in Texas, North Houston to be more exact.

It sounds crazy to say the most respected dealer in THE ENTIRE KNOWN WORLD, but yep, that's probably accurate.

Thanks again I plan on calling tomorrow to ask some final questions and then decide, at the moment I'm leaning towards (and this is admittedly a last minute change) a cedar solid top Tenor with acacia back and sides from Kala.

The guys at Hawaii Music Supply (HMS) just did something that I'd like to share.

I know someone who's going through a tough time. As a result, s/he'll be in a safe and secure place for a while to sorts things out. This person's birthday is imminent. Because s/he's got some time away from the world, we thought, "why not send an ukulele as a birthday gift?" Maybe s/he will find some comfort learning how to play?

HMS responded by accelerating setup and delivery of the uke and by communicating in a way that was, well, special.

Customer for life here.

Top Bottom