F/S: Blackbird Clara with Case and MISI pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

rappsy

Reaction score
***SOLD***

You don't see many of these come up, because most people keep them

I took this in on a trade and now it's time for someone to else enjoy it. I am a tenor guy and took the trade knowing that if I couldn't get used to the size or any other reason for that matter, that it could be lovingly re homed.

This was built in November 2014 and comes with the Blackbird Case. It also has the MISI electronics in it and will come with the adapter. It also has the new sealing on it that BB started using later.

As far as condition, it is very good+. The guy I got it from must have used it as intended, which is a travel Uke, because there is life on it, but the pictures do not get everything. Some of what look like scratches or chips are actually not and are smooth to the fingers. Others you have to run your fingers on to feel. The only other thing I have found is that near the end of the fretboard (opposite the soundhole), at a specific angle and under the right lighting, you can see part of the finish is a bit shinier than the area right next to it. I can't explain it and you really have to look for it.

If you are looking for perfect, this isn't it, but one day out on the road and it will look like this anyway.

Other than that, this is a fantastic player and a fun player. It is very loud and some of that is probably because the sound hole is a bit closer to you than the normal hole.

It's just overkill for me. I travel on cruises and stay in hotels. (My idea of roughing it is a Winnebago. I'm a wimp). My other ones will do the job.

New these things go for $1400 ($1200 + $200 with the MISI) + shipping and then you'd have to placed on a waiting list for it. I am offering it for $xxxx + CONUS only shipping. If you are willing to do Pal Friends and Family which will save me about $40 in fees, I will pass that onto you and we can split shipping. This saves you about $300 from Blackbird.

These are pictures I took of it with my phone. They are not great pictures, but you get the idea.

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipMiMha8M0-I7m_EAwAqPxF0A6Hrx6_aYpw5PfpW

Those that know me, know I am as descriptive as possible and honest with my assessments. If I haven't answered it, ask questions.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
No bites on this yet? Unreal.

Beautiful. Too rich for my blood though. Maybe someday... Good luck on the sale!

I wish I could afford it. Love these ukes.

C'mon Folks. The Clara is one of the most talked about Ukes of the last few months. Don't be shy. Make an offer. All I can do is say yes or make a counteroffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom