Possible sopranino case

GX9901

Reaction score
I know there are some sopranino players who would like a better fitting case than a typical soprano case. I came across one today that might do the job. It's a "Sunlite" case that I got with a Santo reproduction from Mike DaSilva. I have a tourist sopranino that I got for my daughter a couple of years ago and it fits in the case pretty well (a regular soprano actually doesn't fit in the case):

357849903.jpg

To get an idea of the relative sizes, here's a picture of a regular sized soprano (Kiwaya KTS-7), the Santo uke, and the sopranino:

DSC02476.JPG

I guess if you're interested in the "Sunlite" case, send Mike DaSilva an email to ask about it. It seems like a low to mid-level quality case so it shouldn't break the bank.

357849906.jpg

Anyway, I hope it is of some interest to some of you guys.

Last edited:
I know there are some sopranino players who would like a better fitting case than a typical soprano case. I came across one today that might do the job. It's a "Sunlite" case that I got with a Santo reproduction from Mike DaSilva. I have a tourist sopranino that I got for my daughter a couple of years ago and it fits in the case pretty well (a regular soprano actually doesn't fit in the case):

357849903.jpg

To get an idea of the relative sizes, here's a picture of a regular sized soprano (Kiwaya KTS-7), the Santo uke, and the sopranino:

DSC02476.JPG

I guess if you're interested in the "Sunlite" case, send Mike DaSilva an email to ask about it. It seems like a low to mid-level quality case so it shouldn't break the bank.

357849906.jpg

Anyway, I hope it is of some interest to some of you guys.

Thanks for the update.

I hope we get a review and video of that Santo in action soon. :worship:

Woooah that Santo Uke is a visual trip. I don't know why, but my eyes just can't seem to process its shape with its crazy curves and inlays. Took me a few seconds to register that in my head as an Ukulele. I was thinking "why is there a rattlesnake in the middle of the ukes?" Maybe I just need to take out my contacts.

The case looks a lot like the Koolau case, so I would expect it to be in the same price range. Not too cheap...but that's just my personal valuation of cases. I think that all cases are pretty overpriced. 100 for a basic ProTec? 80 for a nice Koolau case or Kala Tweed case? 50 for a plywood no-name case? 40 for a case made out of foam? Maybe it's just me.... I guess I don't like to spend money on things that don't directly give satisfaction. The satisfaction from a case for me is very low compared to spending it on say...chocolate chip cookies and 2% milk. Yuum. :)

Top Bottom