Gretsch Clarophone Banjo Uke FS

Uke Mama

Reaction score
If you've been looking for a nice quality vintage banjo uke, this one is highly recommended. Offering for sale a Gretsch American Clarophone Banjo Ukulele, c. 1920's in excellent playing condition (a 9 out of 10). Natural lacquer finish, maple neck and rim. All blonde maple construction, simple and sturdy, an excellent gigging instrument and a fun piece of 1920's history. All original save the new goat skin head and new Aquila banjo uke strings that make for a fine vintage banjo sound. The resonator back is integral with the rim. The holes in the rim sides are decorated with metal grommets. This system works well and can be really quite loud when you want it to be.

I think these Gretsch Clarophones are the best vintage banjo ukes around. Am selling this one for a friend. I have one exactly like this that I love...only it doesn't have a nice new goat skin head and the original tuners like this one does. The original high quality tuners on this uke work very well and hold the tune nicely. Overall length is 21 in., 7 in. diameter head, and 2 1/2 in. in depth, measured at side of rim. Scale length is 13 1/2 in. Width of nut is 1 3/8 in. Please contact me at vreno@comcast.net, as I check that email often during the day.
325.00 shipped Conus (great price for a Gretsch banjo uke in such fine condition.

Attachments

• IMG_1856.jpg
    IMG_1856.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1872.jpg
    IMG_1872.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1868.jpg
    IMG_1868.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1865.jpg
    IMG_1865.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1864.jpg
    IMG_1864.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I have the reissue version of this Uke and it is a whole lot of fun. This classic would be a real hoot to play. I highly recommend this Uke.

I often take my 1920's Clarophone banjo uke just like this one to our weekly Ukestar jam sessions, and get quite a few comments of how good it sounds....and requests to play it. This little uke makes Tin Pan Alley songs really come alive.

Top Bottom