New concert pineapple

Vespa Bob

Reaction score
I finished my latest concert pineapple just in time for Jay's Jam last Saturday, in fact I only strung it up the night before the event!
The top is sitka spruce, the back, sides and neck are walnut. European maple headplate and tortoise shell binding. It was also my first attempt at doing a wood rosette based on instructions I found on the web (sorry, I can't remember the name of the site to give credit). It was a real struggle for me! The design on the top was painted on.
In spite of all the flaws, to my eyes anyway, it was well received by those who examined it at the jam, including Rick Turner, no less!

Bob

Attachments

• New Pineapple 2.jpg
    New Pineapple 2.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 119
  • New Pineapple .jpg
    New Pineapple .jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 93
  • New Pineapple8.jpg
    New Pineapple8.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 85
  • New Pineapple9.jpg
    New Pineapple9.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 80
  • New Pineapple12.jpg
    New Pineapple12.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 91
Very nice. is that humming bird decoration ink or wood burning? Looks nice

Wow, first let me say that I'm bowled over by your replies, you are all too kind! Now let me reply to your comments:
Paul, yes, it may be for sale, I'll be sending you a PM.
ksquine, the decoration is painted on using a fine brush and brown dye to resemble wood burning. I have used this treatment on other ukes with some success. Some day I'll attempt some inlay work!
sequoia, thank you so much, I agree about the amount of work involved, but as far as pulling it off, I'm not too sure about that!
Chuck, having seen one of your ukes first hand, displayed by someone at Jay's Jam, I am thrilled by your remark, it gives me incentive to move on to bettah things!
Vinnie, the tuners are Gotoh UK700 height adjustable posts. Actually, when I bought them I didn't realize that they were height adjustable. Figuring out how they worked was more trouble than it was worth.
I would rate my uke as a six footer, that's what we'd call some of our RC model aircraft - it looks good from six feet away!

Bob

Last edited:
A very cool looking, kind of vintage mando inspired uke. I really like it. You should be proud.

Top Bottom