Cypress Concert Photo's

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
Monterey Cypress has beautiful color and at times figure. Makes fantastic instruments, and smells nice too.:)

This one paired up with Indian Rosewood and a curly Koa scratch plate.

Cypress Concert Ukulele-4.jpgCypress Concert Ukulele-2.jpgCypress Concert Ukulele-3.jpgCypress Concert Ukulele-5.jpgCypress Concert Ukulele.jpg

Love it....awesome looking.:drool:....and just my size

Beautiful! I have a flamenca Blanca myself, with POC back and sides and incense cedar top. Love the creaminess of yours.

Another stunner Allen... We have Monterey Cypress growing all around here. Just had a wind storm and some trees went down but I never considered it as a tone wood. I will now.

It makes a great tone wood. As the others have commented. Used a lot in Flamenco guitars.

There was lots of it planted in Victoria as windbreaks for farm land, and now many of those trees are near the end of their life span.

I've used Spanish Cypress. Just about the best smelling tonewood that there is. Really easy to work as well. It probably has a similar density to something like Pine, which no doubt would make a good substitute for it.

Knowing how good your others sound, I would love to hear a demo of this one.

I like the way the scratch plate matches the rosette. Good wood choices overall!

Geez Allen, just went to the site with a view to puchasing the little bugger and it was gone already. Guess I wasn't the only one in love at first sight with this model. Hope whoever nabbed it will provide a sound demo for the hapless losers - ie. me - who missed the boat. Congratulations whoever you are!

Top Bottom