WTB Ohana Koa CK-300G

Little Island Nick

Reaction score
Hello all..... haven't been on the site much for quite a while hope everyone is doing well. Wanted to go to UWC 2015 to look for an Ohana Koa ck-300g ( hoping someone would bring one to sell) as I live less than 100 miles from Mike but I can not go this year. I have bought several Mainland ukes from Mike and been happy with all of them. My current favorite is a mango concert I bought @ UWC 2012. Sorry for rambling, lol.
Looking for a Ohana Koa CK-300G anyone have or had one? Were you pleased with it? Please help......happy strumming and picking.
Nick

Hello all..... haven't been on the site much for quite a while hope everyone is doing well. Wanted to go to UWC 2015 to look for an Ohana Koa ck-300g ( hoping someone would bring one to sell) as I live less than 100 miles from Mike but I can not go this year. I have bought several Mainland ukes from Mike and been happy with all of them. My current favorite is a mango concert I bought @ UWC 2012. Sorry for rambling, lol.
Looking for a Ohana Koa CK-300G anyone have or had one? Were you pleased with it? Please help......happy strumming and picking.
Nick

That is a discontinued Ohana model.

I own one. That's a pretty good price. It's actually a laminate instrument with a solid koa top. It's loud and crisp. Very thin neck. So thin in fact that mine warped a tad and the E string buzzes. It sounds best with Aquila Lavas. I have a hard time putting it down.

Jim can the friction tuners (Ohana ck300g) be replaced with geared tuners like the Ohana ck350g?
Sure they can - by somebody. ;)

Can I ask why the specific interest in the ck300g? Not knocking Ohana, but they aren't exactly known for their koa ukes. For $500 there are certainly other options to consider like Pono or KPK acacia, Koaloha Opio mahogany, and others

Can I ask why the specific interest in the ck300g? Not knocking Ohana, but they aren't exactly known for their koa ukes. For $500 there are certainly other options to consider like Pono or KPK acacia, Koaloha Opio mahogany, and others

I totally agree. There's a reason it's discontinued.

I own one. That's a pretty good price. It's actually a laminate instrument with a solid koa top. It's loud and crisp. Very thin neck. So thin in fact that mine warped a tad and the E string buzzes. It sounds best with Aquila Lavas. I have a hard time putting it down.

No, the 300 and 350 series were/are all solid koa. Ohana did have a laminate koa with solid koa top which is discontinued as well.

I saw one on youtube and liked it so I began looking at them and decided to start this thread thinking people such as yourself and the ones that responded would help me make the decision.

Last edited:
If you want solid koa, the Martin C1K would be a great choice...

It is my understanding that the Ohana 300g series was a limited edition that ceased production in 2011. At that time it was the top of the line for Ohana. They are solid koa wood instruments. Before purchasing my ck-300g off of ebay I thoroughly researched the ukulele. I have attached a review of the ck-300g from Ukulele Player magazine issue 10 pages 9 and 10 and as you will see it is very complimentary. Also, I have noticed that very few of these have popped for re-sale which suggest to me that owners are quite pleased and willing to hang on to them. Ultimately beauty and value are in the eyes of the beholder and I really appreciate my ck-300g.

http://www.tricornpublications.com/issue10.pdf

I thank everyone for the input given re the Ohona ck 300g and have decided instead to purchase a Bruce Wei Solid Acacia Koa Soprano.
I am not sure I am a soprano person as I had a Mainland Mahogany and sold it on UU to Roxhum. I am not sure if she still has it..... I remember she bought a custom uke but can't remember the details.
Cheers,
Nick

Maybe too little, too late, but I have the 350 and love it. My husband is currently using it, strung with a low G. I got mine from Mim, a good deal. The reason I wanted an all-koa Ohana was that I just really like the way Ohanas play and feel in my hands--it's just a good brand for my particular needs and hands. I love the sound and look of the 350. I would recommend it to anyone.

The CK-300G and CK-350G are solid koa top, back and sides. They are not laminate.

Aloha,actually I have one Ohana TK 300G. Its sound and look are really amazing.I bought it for 800$,not cheap but worth the price.The sad story is ,I am in China, and I want to keep it. However there is a good news, as you know,Ohana is made in China, and the general agent in China told me that they still have one CK 300G,but it has a little flaw.Months ago,they asked me if I was interested in it(I used to tell them that my girlfriend want to buy one ukulele),they told me they will sell it for cheap,about 450$.but finally my girlfriend prefer listening my play rather than play herself. my poor English:(
QQ图片20150901112945.jpgQQ图片20150901112951.jpg

Top Bottom