Beat up Howlett tenor

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
Beat up Howlett tenor - now sold

I am selling this:

DSCF6252.jpg

See full description in my eBay listing here

Last edited:
You're right, but it's worth it! Budget from a one-off maker means lowest price; not budget as you might general think of as cheap :D The top line had slotted headstocks, Schaller tuners and tie bridges with a bone insert on the tie bar, satin lacquer finish and rising bookmatched fronts and backs. For those buying at this price break, they are the upgrades from a base point. Of course, my tenors now start at a much higher price...

I've heard Pete playing this "beat up" tenor several times, and can confirm that it sounds great, and looks as good as the photos indicate. This is a uke with some serious Mojo.

Ukantor.

How hard would this be to convert back to a 6 string? I mean ADGCEA guitalele six not GgCcEEAA ukelele six.

The neck is not wide enough for a guitalele and yes PayPal though a pain in the neck is a multi-currency trading instrument that acts like a credit card facility. Although it is often hard to square the fees it is the only way a small volume invoicer can trade across the globe. I'd be paying $50 a month for the privilege of a card facility plus a percentage on each transaction if I had a virtual credit card terminal - just not financially viable so PayPal it is:( Furthermore, an international bank order costs $25 to process etc, etc... eBay and its spawn are not all bad :eek:

Just ordered.

Verrry nice! Not getting pocket money until November now, but oh so worth it... Thanks Pete!

Last edited:
Top Bottom