PDA

View Full Version : Now this is a tutorial!

hammer40
06-05-2015, 12:28 PM
Not sure where to post this since it's not really my tutorial or my tips on how to play a song. Feel free to move it if it's in the wrong area.

Now this is my kind of tutorial. I came across this while looking for some help with this song, "Into the wild" by LP. This guy goes through everything you need to learn how to play a song. Chords, shapes, bpm, original chords, alternate chords, original strum, alternate strum patterns. Everything a musically challenged idiot like myself needs to know.

There may be other sites like this, but I don't know of them. Check him out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bkGTfEXFRNM

Ukulele Eddie
06-05-2015, 01:22 PM
Agreed. Lesson is well done and easy to follow. Thanks for sharing!

PhilUSAFRet
06-05-2015, 01:32 PM
Nice, thanks for sharing. Will share with my next beginner's class.

Eyeguy
06-05-2015, 03:57 PM
Really like the organization and completeness of these tutorials - wish he would do some oldies. No disrespect to what is being offered, but just came up in a different musical era.

CeeJay
06-05-2015, 05:23 PM
I don't like the fact that he is "teaching" using a plectrum ...
I use a plectrum occasionally for certain effects and sounds ...
A freer and purer Uke sound comes from strumming using fingers ...
But feel free to "hate" me for saying so .:p

hammer40
06-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Really like the organization and completeness of these tutorials - wish he would do some oldies. No disrespect to what is being offered, but just came up in a different musical era.

It's to bad he doesn't have more songs, but I can imagine that it takes quite a bit of time to produce both uke and guitar versions of songs.