Want to learn a song? Ask the original artist.

hammer40

Reaction score
I know this is my second post in a row that has the artist LP in it, but it's just a coincidence. I do like her music but I'm not fanatical about it...lol

I came across this video where she sits down with the interviewer and shows her how to play her song. She even throws in a little of the Who at the end, kind of cool, check it out.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HhuwEFF5ePY

This is awesome!

How is LP not insanely famous or more widely known?

I've been checking out other videos of her, and will be buying her CDs soon. She's definitely on my list of new (as in new-to-me) favorite musicians. :)

Thanks for sharing!

This is awesome!

How is LP not insanely famous or more widely known?

I've been checking out other videos of her, and will be buying her CDs soon. She's definitely on my list of new (as in new-to-me) favorite musicians. :)

Thanks for sharing!

She had a surge of success when her song "Into the wild" was used in a Citibank commercial a couple years ago. That's how I found about her as well, and was hooked after that. I love that she uses the uke as her main instrument in the band.

She had a surge of success when her song "Into the wild" was used in a Citibank commercial a couple years ago. That's how I found about her as well, and was hooked after that. I love that she uses the uke as her main instrument in the band.

I missed that ad somehow, I rely on TV less and less for enterntainment now over the yrs...none of the ads ever apply to me and I feel like the guy in 'A Clockwork Orange' [movie by Stanley Kubrick] who is strapped to the chair with his eyelids pinned open when I am forced to watch 5 consecutive minutes of meaningless ads before they return to the program of interest. Anyway, I dont want to derail the thread...

Her (LP's) voice is so different, and perfectly compliments the uke in such a great way. I've got some serious listening to do! Ha Ha....

Thanks again for sharing this video. I find more great music here on UU from other members than I ever did on the radio or on MTV (back when MTV actually played MUSIC instead of the drivel that it has since become).

Just AWESOME. :)

Sorry for crawling out from a rock guys, but who is LP? I thought that was a 12" vinyl thingo made of black plastic and stuff...

Sorry for crawling out from a rock guys, but who is LP? I thought that was a 12" vinyl thingo made of black plastic and stuff...

Fear not my brother, as you are not alone in this quandry, as I too was once seeking the very same info, and I came to an answer, via wikipedia, as her official web site (http://iamlp.com) is pretty sparse.

Her birth name is Laura Pergolizzi, and her story can be seen here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LP_(singer)

FYI: when you see the video in the OP, there are many other videos of her linked/shown in the sidebar of YT, and like usual, each one you watch provides the gift of new/different related videos...(that was my Saturday night :music: he he)

However, you are also correct in your LP vinyl thingo, as 'record albums' are FOREVER...:)

Agreed, I love her singing. Into the Wild was the 1st of her songs I heard, I eagerly lapped some more....

Top Bottom