Is this a good deal? Used Ko'olau Concert (Cracked/Repaired)

ranilus

Reaction score
Browsing my local music store and saw this:

IMG_1638.jpgIMG_1639.jpgIMG_1642.jpg

It plays great - great action and no buzz. It's got that old ukulele sound but with more resonance due to size.

The strings are pretty dead and the sound did NOT wow me. The store has a used Martin soprano that was louder and livelier than this concert. The own is asking $400 for the Ko'olau.

My questions:

Does anyone know what model and year this is? Since the sticker inside does not specify. What was the retail price for the ukulele then, and how much would it be worth now?

Thanks in advance! Haven't had UAV in almost a year so this is a great time to have a NUD!

Looks nice and seems to be a pretty good deal.

A Ko'olau concert. John Kitakis, son.
400$. You're asking if it's a good deal.

Absolutely not. You should PM me with the seller's email so I can give him a piece of my mind. Along with some more pics.

Ha Ha! You funny, you too funny. :)

This is only a good deal if it sounds better with new strings on it.

My recommendation is to ask the store to put new strings on it so you can listen to it a see if you like the sound.

A Ko'olau concert. John Kitakis, son.
400$. You're asking if it's a good deal.

Absolutely not. You should PM me with the seller's email so I can give him a piece of my mind. Along with some more pics.
That's a great deal, grab it and throw some southcoast on.. need I say more
Try looking up a koolau price now... you got to be kidding man

I'm a little different. I wouldn't spend $400 on a uke that didn't impress me with the sound.

Here was a concert Ko'olau that sold on Ebay for $794 and it has the no crack and Gotoh tuners, which are my favorites. I don't know if that one comes with a case but a Ko'olau case would be an additional $60 or so. The pineapple might not be as popular but a big crack that big would deter many people from buying it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ko-039-olau...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Uh, like Neal said. you need to pm me the contact details of this store ASAP. i need to give them a piece of my wallet - er, mind. that is outrageous.

Top Bottom