Nad

DownUpDave

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
New Amplifer Day, oh boy is this thing fun.

I just had a LR Baggs 5.0 pickup installed in my Mya Moe sycamore tenor and I figured an amplifer was needed. After doing some reading and research and spending time on youtube checking out reviews I bought a Fishman Loudbox Mini. I really did not research this to death as this amp seemed to be a favorite pick.

This is my very first time with anything electronic for an instrument so I just plugged it in started slow and low and began to fiddle and increase things. First off it is really easy to adjust the volume on the uke with the wheel on the 5.0 right at the edge of the sound hole. I like that a lot and other ukes will be getting the same pick up.

The fact you can colour the sound and really tailor a specific out come is very satisfying. The Fishman Loudbox Mini is straight forward, easy to use and adjust. The sound really is very clean and netrual, just fantastic. I love what you can do with some reverb or chorus added. I have a LR Baggs Venue DI pre amp in transit and I am lead to believe that will add even more flexability.

I got everything just this afternoon and have only spent about an hour with it............ so this is not so much a review as it is me being excited about something that soumds totally awesome and wanting to share it with you guys. Going back to unplugged will be hard after hearing what this combo does. Now to get some pick ups in my low G ukes and really Rock Out :cool:,

20150607_211832.jpg

Last edited:
Dude. Very cool. Will need to get one as well. Gonna bring my Pono Posse and Bella over to blow the speakers.

Congrats. Looking forward to it.

Fishman Loudbox Mini is a KILLER acoustic amp. Well done! I have gigged in rather large venues, with just one of those, and me. In our old duo, we each had one ... I've never had it past 3/4 volume .... usually around a 1/3 and she's plenty loud, and clean. Again, well done!

Fishman Loudbox Mini is a KILLER acoustic amp. Well done! I have gigged in rather large venues, with just one of those, and me. In our old duo, we each had one ... I've never had it past 3/4 volume .... usually around a 1/3 and she's plenty loud, and clean. Again, well done!

Thanks very much. I had read your postive comments a number of times in various threads. The fact that you had giged with it for so long and still loved it made a big impression on me.

@sam13, you know I want you over here with the Ponos and Bella, an LfdM through this will be unreal.

Thanks very much. I had read your postive comments a number of times in various threads. The fact that you had giged with it for so long and still loved it made a big impression on me.

@sam13, you know I want you over here with the Ponos and Bella, an LfdM through this will be unreal.

And when I play larger venues with a full-on sound system, I send a pre-mixed vocal/instrument channel directly out to the board. I believe you'll dig it. Sounds like you already do. I have a fancy pre-amp too, which I rarely use with the Mini. It does a great job on it's own. Enjoy! Crank 'er up! :)

Congrats! We have a new amp too, and it's awesome, once we figured out how to use it....it's quite a blaster!

That's the amp Cali Rose uses with our uke group The CC Strummers. Plenty of power, two inputs which allows her to to use a headset mic and her uke together. I've been using a Crate USA made Limo 50w battery amp which is also very good, but now that I'm playing bass with the group, I just bought a Phil Jones Bass Double Four really mini amp that will run on an external lithium laptop battery.

Just so you know, a "nad" is something different in England, and they usually come in pairs. Unless you're an Austrian with a funny moustache. In which case, one will be in The Albert Hall.

Just so you know, a "nad" is something different in England, and they usually come in pairs. Unless you're an Austrian with a funny moustache. In which case, one will be in The Albert Hall.

Well the little amp seems to have balls so I guess Nad was an appropriate title.

I had made a funny and wasn't even aware it. :biglaugh: Thanks BK

Top Bottom