Best place to buy a dolphin?

davidrboy

Reaction score
I want to give my friends kid a Dolphin for her birthday. Her mom says they are going to take lessons together. I've talked the mom into a Mainland I think. But for a 5th birthday present, a dolphin seems right for the little one.

However, I'd like her to get one that at least has been checked out and maybe set up, at least a little. I've seen some good Dolphins (for what they are) and some REALLY bad ones.

Thoughts folks?

I've got one in new condition I can ship and sell for $45.

My kind of humor. Otherwise look in a can of tuna.

Yeah. Funny.

Still, some help would be appreciated. I've been off the forum for a while because I couldn't be happier with the ukes I have and I've been playing and fly-fishing and disc golfing instead of posting. But I'd like to hook this kid up.

I bought my daughter a Shark from Uke Republic for Christmas this year. Mike did a great job setting it up. He ships it with Aquilas, which work very well on these ukes. Highly recommend!

5 is little, even for a Soprano.
How about starting the kid with a Chinese Tom or Rubin Sopranino?

61gM285ux0L._SY300_.jpg

Second on Uke Republic. Got one for a young freind and had Mike put color strings on it. He did a great job

I got a Gecko from Mainland, which is basically the same as a dolphin. I do not see them for sale anymore though, so if you have your heart set on a dolphin/shark then I would recommend UkeRepulic as well.

Last edited:
The yellow Dolphin I've got has great intonation and I will sell/ship it for $45 CONUS. It's setup, never been used, original wrappings; Dave (or anyone perusing here) can buy it from me. Just drop me a line; this was one ordered for a class I taught earlier in the year. Good stuff.

I was going to recommend Mim, but it appears she doesn't carry Dolphins.

I've bought two Dolphins from Mim. They were set up and played well. But if I were you, I'd buy Captain America's Dolphin. I'm sure it's loved and broken in. And yellow dolphins sound better, right?

"Otherwise look in a can of tuna."

Sick, just sick.

Last edited:
the only place to buy a Dolphin/Shark is ukerepublic.com...

Top Bottom