Nud

kkimura

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Last week I was visiting relatives in Hawaii who had been asked by the "finance manager" to discourage me from buying a ukulele so naturally we hit all the ukulele shops on Oahu. The only thing was we found that Kamaka ukulele are not easy to find (HMS included).

On the last day, four hours before my flight, I walked into Island Guitars and found a wall of Kamaka. Needless to say I found a HF3 that sounded so good that I had to get it.

Note: No relatives were harmed by my transgression and for some reason I got a pass from the "finance manager" too!

:D

View attachment 80378View attachment 80379View attachment 80380View attachment 80381

Well.......Happy Nud and congratulations. Both on the beautiful new Kamaka and escaping the wrath of the " Finance Manager". Very well done on both accounts.

Gotta love the Kamaka headstock and logo, so classy.

Nice score! Those Kamakas are stealthy critters; glad you found some! And you need to become the Finance Manager; I just did. Hehehe...

Well.......Happy Nud and congratulations. Both on the beautiful new Kamaka and escaping the wrath of the " Finance Manager". Very well done on both accounts.

Gotta love the Kamaka headstock and logo, so classy.

Thanks, it was a win, win deal.

Nice score! Those Kamakas are stealthy critters; glad you found some! And you need to become the Finance Manager; I just did. Hehehe...

Yeah, got lucky at the last minute. But, no can be da finance manager, spend money all da time!

Excellent. It wouldn't have been a complete visit to Hawaii if you didn't get your Kamaka HF-3.

Congrats, you can't go to Hawaii and leave without an ukulele, if you get an ukulele you might as well get one that's worthwhile getting. So you did exactly what you should have done
Cliff

Excellent. It wouldn't have been a complete visit to Hawaii if you didn't get your Kamaka HF-3.

Congrats, you can't go to Hawaii and leave without an ukulele, if you get an ukulele you might as well get one that's worthwhile getting. So you did exactly what you should have done
Cliff

My thoughts exactly. My nephew, an accomplished musician, was trying to steer me towards a very good sounding and more "bang for the buck" Islander, but the Kamaka's call was louder.

Awesome Uke. Congrats.

Nice score!

Haha. I need your finance manager brother!!!! Congratulations on a beautiful, classic instrument!

Awesome, I love Kamakas! Congratulations!

Bet way to do it. That way you got a chance to see everything and know you got exactly what you wanted.

Congrats.

've cycled through several very nice ukuleles but keep coming back to my HF3 and HF38. Glad you found one that you like.

Mahalo to everybody for your kind comments!

I've been doing back to back runs through a bunch of songs with all three ukes and finding better tone, sustain and dynamic range with the Kamaka. I'm a very happy camper!

A Kamaka Koa in New Hampshire. Who woulda thunk it? :D

Congrats, brother kkimura. Be sure have Greg Hawkes strum it if he comes again to your shindig (where'd he go, anyhow? No posting or videos from the ukulele-loving Car in a while). Cheers.

It's beautiful.
Can't wait to hear it.

Top Bottom