Don't you just love tracking packages?

wayfarer75

Reaction score
Got a uke on the way!

uketracking.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome to hear!!!! Congratulations!

As far as tracking goes, I never look or check. Just knowing it's on the way is enough. If I started doing that I'd never sleep or be able to relax. That way it's always a great surprise the day it arrives. Totally get why people do though. :)

What is it bro? Can I take a guess? Barron River concert by any chance?

Yes, it's a mahogany concert.

I like watching stuff travel, whether it's coming to me or being sent to someone else. Maybe I should ditch IT work and get into shipped and receiving.

Woot Woot Woot!!!! I stalk my tracking updates, though I won't be tracking any packages for a long while.

I remember when I was a kid, ordering stuff off the back of cereal boxes. It always said "Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery." It might as well have said "Wait the rest of your life for delivery," for how long 6-8 weeks felt. It was just enough time to forget you ever ordered anything, and then one day some cheesy toy would show up in the mail, which was a thrill. I'm kind of glad we didn't have online tracking back then. :)

Screenshot_2015-06-10-14-39-58.jpg

No......I. ...do not like tracking packages.:)If you look at the above attachment Canada Customs has been processing, which really means (sitting on it and doing sweet f*** all) with a package of mine since May 29.

I ordered this from California and I could have walked it all the way up to Canada faster than that.

I am with RichM on this........ignorance is bliss. Stupid computer age, I had way more patience when I was clueless. Well...... I am still clueless but you guys know what I mean. Rant over, thanks Wayfarer75

Last edited:
Awesome to hear!!!! Congratulations!

As far as tracking goes, I never look or check. Just knowing it's on the way is enough. If I started doing that I'd never sleep or be able to relax. That way it's always a great surprise the day it arrives. Totally get why people do though. :)

same here!! I just check what day it's supposed to arrive so I can make sure someone's around.

View attachment 80469

No......I. ...do not like tracking packages.:)If you look at the above attachment Canada Customs has been processing, which really means (sitting on it and doing sweet f*** all) with a package of mine since May 29.

I ordered this from California and I could have walked it all the way up to Canada faster than that.

I am with RichM on this........ignorance is bliss. Stupid computer age, I had way more patience when I was clueless. Well...... I am still clueless but you guys know what I mean. Rant over, thanks Wayfarer75

Ouch! I hope they send it off to you soon! Hopefully US customs won't be looking long at mine. Fingers crossed!

You do know that Einstein said that time increasingly slows down as a package nears it's destination.

Hang in there and congrats

Ouch! I hope they send it off to you soon! Hopefully US customs won't be looking long at mine. Fingers crossed!

Thanks. I can hardly wait until you get yours. A "Barron River" mahogany concert ukulele OMG.......how sweet. Congratulations, I will be waiting impatiently ( seems like a bit of a theme here) for your NUD post

You do know that Einstein said that time increasingly slows down as a package nears it's destination.

Hang in there and congrats

He would know. Einstein should have played the uke.

Thanks. I can hardly wait until you get yours. A "Barron River" mahogany concert ukulele OMG.......how sweet. Congratulations, I will be waiting impatiently ( seems like a bit of a theme here) for your NUD post

Thanks! What are you getting when Canadian customs lets your box through?

USPS tracking sucks. Shows when it left, and when I received it ... not much in between. UPS tracking is a "bit" more accurate, and yes, I tend to watch tracking.

USPS tracking sucks. Shows when it left, and when I received it ... not much in between. UPS tracking is a "bit" more accurate, and yes, I tend to watch tracking.
Ive always found USPS to be pretty good. The only problem I have had with USPS tracking, is when it starts out with some other carrier and is handed off to USPS for delivery on the way. Then it just stops.

Last edited:
Best thing is to play your other Ukes and relax.

By the wat Albert Einstein played the violin.... You could try that while you wait :D

image.jpg

I don't bother tracking unless there is a problem. As long as they tell me it's on its way and an expected delivery date, I'm happy.

View attachment 80469

I like to track then bug Mr DownupDave. Why it's not here yet :)
Package from the U.S. usually arrive pretty quickly then we are at the mercy of canadian custom.
It's like a frozen computer ! It's just spin and spin on the same spot that goes no where.
May be its a blessing in the way so that I don't shop as much.

I like to track then bug Mr DownupDave. Why it's not here yet :)
Package from the U.S. usually arrive pretty quickly then we are at the mercy of canadian custom.
It's like a frozen computer ! It's just spin and spin on the same spot that goes no where.
May be its a blessing in the way so that I don't shop as much.

All the above is very true, anywhere from the US it hits the border fast then is held for approx. two weeks. SoloRule, you don't actually bug me, just share your excitement with me :D

@Wayfarer75....... you asked what I have in transit. LR Baggs venue DI pre amp ordered from ebay. I sent it to my sister in California because seller would not ship outside of US. Then my sister sent it out with 4 sets of South Coast HML -RW I had also ordered and sent to her place.

I don't track packages unless I'm buying from a new supplier/vendor. I've always trusted the USPS to do the best job they can. If it's coming from a foreign country, I'm liable to be a little more curious about its arrival.

Top Bottom