FS: 1940's Martin Style 1 Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

PedalFreak

Reaction score
FS: 1940's Martin Style 1 Soprano - $429 SHIPPED!

Here is my 40's Martin Style 1 Soprano ukulele. I bought it from a man who owned it, and played it for decades. This is an amazing sounding, and playing vintage Martin Ukulele. Double Tortoise bound body, brazilian rosewood fretboard, ebony nut, Waverly tuners. All Original!

This is a true players instrument. Signs of wear on the body, headstock etc. Repaired crack on the back. But it sounds amazing!

I use D'Addario Nyltech strings on it, and it sounds great. You won't find a new Martin Soprano that sounds this good!

Includes an upgraded Oahu Soprano Hardshell Case, It's original trap door style case (pictures to come on monday) would not use this case, not fully functioning.

!!!$429 Shipped!!! SOLD! - Sorry, but due to the Brazilian Rosewood Fretboard I will not ship this internationally. Too many hoops, and I'm not willing to take a chance of this getting confiscated. Thanks for understanding.

On Reverb and eBay also.

48 hour approval period given. Begins at time of delivery, must be returned in the same condition as you received it in.

01_zpswzdtmuap.jpg

02_zpsef78dc87.jpg

03_zps73e03a41.jpg

05_zps5738834c.jpg

Last edited:
Just looking at it you know it sounds good.

Tape it on the iPhone, load it to YouTube and then create a link.

The uke sounds good Aaron but it's so dang ugly that I don't think anyone would buy it without having hands on it and feeling the Mojo...good luck with the sale!
Cheers!
Glenn

The uke sounds good Aaron but it's so dang ugly that I don't think anyone would buy it without having hands on it and feeling the Mojo...good luck with the sale!
Cheers!
Glenn

Ugly??? A well played instrument is a thing of beauty :D

I'll also give a 48 hour approval period to whoever buys this. I'm confident whoever gets it will be in love!

When I was a kid and starting to play guitar I read an article with Clapton and the interviewer asked him why a lot of his guitars were beat up. He said that he purposely sought them about because if they're beat up it meant that they were played a lot because they must have sounded good. I took that to heart and have always preferred to purchase beat up instruments instead of nice shiny new ones because Eric was right. One of my keeper ukes is beat up and has an ugly crack on top but it sounds great.

On a side note, pretty rude to disparage someone's instrument especially when they're trying to sell it.

Classic ukulele collector definition of ugly. Ukukele collectors love to keep the wood pretty and keep the instrument in a cupboard, and wonder why re-sale seems stagnent. Violin collectors pay a small fortune for the oldest most used instrument and loan it to a master to play every day, and enjoy the always appreciating re-sale value.

Moral of the story, be a ukulele player not a collector. Those violins that collectors own, get played. The ukes collectors own, not so much :D

Also, I've put some other items up for sale on ebay and reverb. I've decided that if I can raise the money I need else where this will be coming off of the market ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom